Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Great deal on spyder insurance

If anyone is shopping around for insurance on the spyder. I recommend you get a quote from this company. Marc saved me 750. per year. I was paying 1200.00 with progressive and now 450. with marc same coverage.

Call Marc Fischer at:

Fischer Specialty Insurance
    Marc B. Fischer
    Marc@Bikersins.com
    7373 N Scottsdale Rd. Ste C-100
    Scottsdale, AZ 85253
    tel: 877.537.2555
    fax: 480.889.0831

His prices and service can't be beat.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I ran into the same problem as I was shopping for insurance. Esurance came in at over $2000 for the year! Progressive was about the same as you said. However Nationwide seemed to offer me the best rate. I was about to scrap the whole idea of getting a bike, until I got their quote.

Spyder Garage

I heard that some got a great deal the first year--- and then it doubled the second..... keep an eye on things.

$800 a year in Michigan with State Farm... not real happy-- but Progressive wanted between $1600 - $2500.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I also dealt with Marc and got a good quote. If you do a search for insurance on this forum you'll see his name pop up a lot.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I heard that some got a great deal the first year--- and then it doubled the second..... keep an eye on things.

$800 a year in Michigan with State Farm... not real happy-- but Progressive wanted between $1600 - $2500.

Yes, my first year was with Marc and the 2nd year renewal was nearly double. I went with Progressive. They did call me and ask why I didn't renew and I told them and they weren't surprised so that must be normal.

To cancel with Fischer I had to send a fax and never got a response that they received and understood they were not to continue coverage. With Progressive, their web site works exactly as it should with instantaneous acknowledgment emails, a printable proof of insurance and a follow up hard copy within days.

Progressive IMHO does it right with respect to confirmed interaction and instant feedback.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

i Know it matters where you live etc but I am paying 264 a year from geico

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Try DiaryLand County Mutual, a little over $400.00 two years in a row.

Free Thinking Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ozzie View Post
    If anyone is shopping around for insurance on the spyder. I recommend you get a quote from this company. Marc saved me 750. per year. I was paying 1200.00 with progressive and now 450. with marc same coverage.

His prices and service can't be beat.
    What company is the policy holder?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Progressive was cheapest for me at about $550. State farm was high.

I think as more insurers figure out what the Spyder is, the prices might come down. Had fun calling some companies to get quotes.

Free Thinking Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm paying 900 something for the Harley and Spyder through Foremost. Both bikes full coverage with 250 deductible on collision and I believe 100 deduct on comp. I'll look at my policy tonight and give update on the exact numbers.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

State farm, $480/yr near Chicago.

Definitely shop around... then go back to the place you want to work with and tell them the quotes you got. If they won't deal with you, their loss.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mxz600 View Post
    What company is the policy holder?
    pacific specialty insurance company.
    Last edited by ozzie; 10-02-2009 at 02:57 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I pay $285 per year, with State Farm. Same coverage and deductibles as my Toyota Camry.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Considering a Spyder and

I have been looking at the Spyder. I presently ride an 07 FJR 1300A which I really like. I think it is time for a change. Insurance is one of the problems I am having with the change. I am presently paying $550 with Progressive for the FJR. They quoted me $1007 on the Spyder for the same coverage. I checked with Geico and they quoted $797 for same coverage.

I carry my car insurance with USAA which is a great company but when I applied for insurance for the FJR they referred me to Progressive. Progressive told me they consider the Spyder to be a more sport oriented vehicle than the FJR. I do not understand that as the FJR has bigger displacement, faster times and only two wheels.

I will have to sell the FJR before I can pull the trigger on a Spyder.

Spyder Garage

When you apply for insurance, don't let the company enter the type of MC, they generally go for the sportbike class, tell them it's a sport tourer, my rates went down $200 when I told them that. Coverage I've got gives me a new one if it's totaled, plus road service, little over $300/year.

john

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Great deal for us...saved a bunch over Progressive!

Free Thinking Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mxz600 View Post
    I'm paying 900 something for the Harley and Spyder through Foremost. Both bikes full coverage with 250 deductible on collision and I believe 100 deduct on comp. I'll look at my policy tonight and give update on the exact numbers.
    Just checked my policy. It was the Progressive (my old policy) that was $948.00 a year.
    Here is the breakdown:
    The Harley was 443.20 with 250.00 deductible for collision & 100.00 for comp.
    The Spyder was 581.29 with 500.00 deductible for collision & 100.00 for comp.
    Subtotal: $1024.49 Less 76.00 paid in full. Total $948.49

New policy with Foremost:
    The Harley is 286.89 with 250.00 deductible for collision & 100.00 for comp.
    The Spyder is 439.89 with 250.00 deductible for collision & 100.00 for comp.
    Total: $726.78

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
    Yes, my first year was with Marc and the 2nd year renewal was nearly double. I went with Progressive. They did call me and ask why I didn't renew and I told them and they weren't surprised so that must be normal.

To cancel with Fischer I had to send a fax and never got a response that they received and understood they were not to continue coverage. With Progressive, their web site works exactly as it should with instantaneous acknowledgment emails, a printable proof of insurance and a follow up hard copy within days.

Progressive IMHO does it right with respect to confirmed interaction and instant feedback.
    We went thru Marc Fischer and got insured with Pacific Specialty. In our second year our rates went down. Less than $400 per year per spyder. I am pleased overall.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    When you apply for insurance, don't let the company enter the type of MC, they generally go for the sportbike class, tell them it's a sport tourer, my rates went down $200 when I told them that. Coverage I've got gives me a new one if it's totaled, plus road service, little over $300/year.

john
    That's the reason most of these companies are raping you on price. The rating systems most of these use classify the Spyder as a 990cc SPORT bike. The conditions to meet the sport touring class are a windshield and storage, both of which this meets. Some companies will alternatively rate this as a trike and lop it in with the Goldwing Trikes that typically cost $35K+. Again, this is wrong and will cost you money if you don't watch out.

We are with Allstate here in Florida and the initial quote was over $600 / year until I talked to Marc. He explained the sport vs. sport touring rating so I called my allstate agent back and she made the change, the rate dropped to $271 / year for full coverage 100/500 deductibles but no UI/UM.

For those in Florida UI/UM on a M/C policy will double or even triple your rates. We get UI/UM from our auto policies by selecting stacked coverage. Stacked coverage extends to you beyond your cars to ANY incident with an uninsured/underinsured motorist such as riding your bike or walking along the street. Those in FL should check it out, it's an interesting loophole in the UI/UM coverage most agents don't understand.

Florida statute 627.727
    (e) If, at the time of the accident the injured person is not occupying a motor vehicle, she or he is entitled to select any one limit of uninsured motorist coverage for any one vehicle afforded by a policy under which she or he is insured as a named insured or as an insured resident of the named insured's household.
    And before you seize on the term "Motor Vehicle" here's what the state considers a Motor Vehicle:
    (3) "Motor vehicle" means any self-propelled vehicle with four or more wheels which is of a type both designed and required to be licensed for use on the highways of this state and any trailer or semitrailer designed for use with such vehicle and includes:

Free Thinking Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Cheap insurance.

Keep this in mind while shopping for the cheapest insurance. All insurance is good until you actually have to use it. My wife is a legal assistant and she has witnessed many insurance nightmares. I'm not saying that any of the aforementioned insurance company's are bad, I'm just say'n.