I am not sure if I am in need for a replacement rear tire. Maybe someone can suggest or wait. Does the measuring with a coin in the tread work, or is that a myth? FYI, the front two look fine for now even though they are Kenda's.

My 2014 ST-S SE5 has 4,560 miles on a Kenda MC 225/50R15 76H. The low mileage is due to life things preventing me from riding much the past four years. During that time, she has been in a garage with ambient temps and regular maintenance, etc. So, I have been taking care of her regardless.

I noticed the center of the tire has worn more than the edges, and from what I read it was due to over inflating...is that correct? I check my PSI often and usually right on the mark. I do ride a bit hard, so maybe I should go down a bit PSI...?

20190726_233540.jpg 20190726_233548.jpg

So, between sitting up more than riding past four years and then hard riding when I could ride and possibly over inflating (?) I might need a replacement.

I've been reading posts about tires, and there are comments I do not know the meaning. Can someone please tell me what these mean?

Vredestein 205/60R15 ("it has a very slightly larger rollout and Corrects 50% of the speedo error")
What is speedo (speedodmeter) error?
What is larger rollout?

I've made a list of what's been suggested for the RT's in this post...I'll have to check if they'll fit the ST-S:

Vredestein 205/60R15
Vredestein Quatrac 5 205/65R15
Yokahama S Drive in 205/55-15 size
General Altimax RT43 in 215/60R15 (noted still looks great and still grips well in the rain with high mileage)
Yokohama AVID Envigor in 205/65/15. It delivers 100% speedometer correction and great traction to boot.

I don't know if I want a harder or softer tire...not sure which is better for the harder faster riders for take off and stopping and grip. Then there's the UTQG rating, etc.. I wish I had the luxury of purchasing one of each suggested and then deciding which I like better...LOL..

Should I just choose the one with the better UTQG rating? Should I be concerned with the tread pattern and if it makes a difference? How do I tell if one is softer than the other (vice-versa). Should I replace all three to ensure matching or does matching matter?

Maybe I should make a poll and then purchase the tire voters liked the most...hmm..

Thanks for your help and putting up with me.