Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Got any questions about the RT you want me to ask?

I'm sure that some of these will be answered in the meeting but are there any other questions you want me to ask that you can't find the answer to on the website like the CB?

RT-S PE#0174
    Spyder Garage

1.When are they available?
    2. Is it or will it be equipped with plug-in intercom between ryder and passenger?
    Last edited by BumbleBee; 09-02-2009 at 11:13 AM.

Spyder Garage

Yes I have a very important question for you to ask......

When will mine that I told my dealer to get me months ago will be here so I can start making "new stuff" for it?

No really....

When are they going to have "customer units" ready for delivery?

MM
    Last edited by Magic Man; 09-02-2009 at 11:09 AM.

Spyder Garage

I saw Fall somewhere but I'll try and get a date.

Spyder Garage

http://spyder.brp.com/en-US/Share/Co...0-b980437ae172
    The Spyder RT roadster will be available for trial at authorized BRP dealerships this fall. Consumers currently have the option to pre-order Premiere Edition Spyder RT-S roadsters for delivery toward the end of 2009.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

1) what type of hitch is on it? Will it fit the current spyder?

2) Have a look at that electric windshield and dash my hopes of a retrofit...LOL!

Thanks Lamont! Have fun with it. Im envious!

Spyder Garage

Bigger rear wheel sprockt?
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default gas tank

Is there any difference in the gas tank location and amount of fuel it holds for longer touring runs?

Spyder Garage

It says gearing is the same. 28/79 or whatever it was.
    I wonder what kind of gas milage to expect. The specs say 6.6 gal tank, that won't get to far at 20mpg. How quiet is it?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Will a full-size helmet still fit in the reconfigured front trunk?
    Will a full-size helmet fit in the side and/or rear trunks?
    Are the lights LED or incandescent?
    What kind of financing will BRP offer?
    Is there a BRP trade-up program?
    Will service departments be thoroughly trained on this more-complex machine?
    Last edited by GaryTheBadger; 09-02-2009 at 03:40 PM.
    2015 F3 SE6 , White - The fastest color!

Spyder Garage

I have another good one for you to ask...

How does a guy who had a Spyder (for about 10 minutes and never rode it when he had it) who besides not riding it never did any mods ether, yet somehow he "deserve" to be one of the "holy 5" getting an RT to test?

What kind of test are they looking for him to do? See how well they sit in a garage undisturbed?

I know it's not you my friend as you ride the wheels off yours.

But we both know this describes one of the guys getting an RT to a "T"

Of course it could always be because they are looking to "buy" some good internet press.

MM

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Similar to LJ's questions: what components of the RT (bags, windshield, hitch, etc) will work with the current Spyders?

Spyder Garage

What type of trade-in deal might they give to the original PE owners to upgrade, if they wanted to?

I'm not sure I'd want to trade mine up just yet, but would be nice to see if they'd give us an incentive trade-in value

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Corrections

Do you know if they addressed the oil getting in the air box and did they redirect the fuel lines or did they protect them?

Is there still a strict Nanny onboard?

I love it and I'm really thinking about trading my 08 in for tour model. But I need to know MPG and if they made some of these corrections.

I'm thinking about waiting until 2011 and then, make the move.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Zerocool View Post
    What type of trade-in deal might they give to the original PE owners to upgrade, if they wanted to?

I'm not sure I'd want to trade mine up just yet, but would be nice to see if they'd give us an incentive trade-in value
    They should offer something special to the owners that were told that you were gone to get a PE edition 1 thrue 2500 and ended up with a number over 2500 we had to put our money up for almost a year and they handled it like Hurricane Katrina and never did a thing except some Bull press release that was supposed to fix everthing well it didn't at least not with me they would be more a value if they didn't srew up the roll out of the PE Edition This has left a Bad taste in my mouth and feelings with doing buisness with BRP don't get me wrong I like my I have to date purchased 14 H-Ds new some numbered and limited editions true numbers and never had a srcew like that a rain suit some ryding gear something beside a letter (email) until then I'm on the side lines
    PE Edition 3433 out of 2500 Venting

Spyder Garage

such a good thread..

how much do i get for my "old" one
    what kind of music should i take for my first trip over the alps
    will i still have problems with the knees of my "girl"
    are the brakes the same like the old ones ..
    ..are you shure that is street legal ?? -
    chris - (hopes to get one of the first european one)
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
    How does a guy who had a Spyder (for about 10 minutes and never rode it when he had it) who besides not riding it never did any mods ether, yet somehow he "deserve" to be one of the "holy 5" getting an RT to test?

What kind of test are they looking for him to do? See how well they sit in a garage undisturbed?

I know it's not you my friend as you ride the wheels off yours.

But we both know this describes one of the guys getting an RT to a "T"

Of course it could always be because they are looking to "buy" some good internet press.

MM

Where is the info on this "holy 5" you speak of? I'm curious who the person is that you are talking about and who the other four are also.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

widowmaker2011

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Where is the info on this "holy 5" you speak of? I'm curious who the person is that you are talking about and who the other four are also.
    Yeah , kinda not cool to dis someone and skirt around the "I know who it is "part. This thread's reminding me of 3rd grade a little bit.

I know Marc over at Spydertalk and Lamont will put the RT through its paces and give everyone their opinions.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...6&postcount=13

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Can they hire a proof reader? Is the sport the RS or RT-S? Did the same person program the steering update that wrote the press release?

I love BRP, but come on guys

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by widowmaker2011 View Post
    Yeah , kinda not cool to dis someone and skirt around the "I know who it is "part. This thread's reminding me of 3rd grade a little bit.

I know Marc over at Spydertalk and Lamont will put the RT through its paces and give everyone their opinions.

Not meant to complain about 'dissing someone but I was just curious who the 5 testers were and also who gets to test one without having a lot of original Spyder riding experience. So Marc and Lamont are two of the "holy 5"?
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Not meant to complain about 'dissing someone but I was just curious who the 5 testers were and also who gets to test one without having a lot of original Spyder riding experience. So Marc and Lamont are two of the "holy 5"?
    They actually refer to us as "The RT5".

I didn't know Marc was getting one till today.
    Ken Miller is getting one and so is Fred Rau. I'm not sure who the last guy is but I'll know tomorrow.

I would like to keep this post on track if we could. There's been some good questions so far.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default mirrors / brakes questions

1. In the pics it looks like the rear view mirrors are right in front of your hands again. Did they modify this?
    2. I'd also like to ask about the brakes as well. Chris56 already did.
    3. Did they do anything different with the parking brake so it was more convenient to use and not so finicky with sticking?
    4. And just as a side note...I wish they would have made it a 6 speed -- maybe get more mpg.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile Hand Brake

I was about to buy an 09 SE5 and set it up for "old guy" touring. Dealer was having trouble getting 3rd party accessories (Corbin, Floorboards, etc.). Looks like the RT will fill my needs nicely. One thing I would like to see on the RT is the Hand Brake. I spent many years on Trials and Enduro bikes. Would like to have that "front brake" lever up there. Old habits die hard. Missed it on my demo ride. Opps. Maybe the ISCI unit would work? Rather have a BRP option, if possible.
    I've been following this site since June. Learned a lot. Hope the nagging problems are being fixed for you guys. I almost decided to pass on the Spyder, because of the dumb problems. I no longer have a fully equipped garage and am hoping for a reliable ride. We are light on dealers around here. That makes me nervous, but I'm ready to buy. Just in time for Colorado winter. 2010 models will be trouble free, just change the oil and ride. Right? So,Lamonster, you can put me down for a Hand Brake, and thank you, and all the other members for the great info.

Spyder Garage

welcome GregD
    I think the hand brake is a dead issue, I don't see it ever happening from BRP and I will miss that too.

As far as being reliable, time will tell. If I go by my experience the Spyder is just as reliable as any Honda.