Quote Originally Posted by hollybry View Post
Here are some pictures. One is a side look of my handlebars, one shows the center of the bars, and one is of the windscreen plate. The windscreen plate seems to be made of some heavy steel. Seems to me a person could drill a few holes and mount a ram ball mount on it, put on an extension arm and secure the gps right there.
20180619_191619.jpg
20180619_191525.jpg
20180619_191502.jpg
I think most RAM mounts use 1/4-20 bolts, which are also the ones used for camera tripod mounts, etc. I think you are right; you should be able to find a couple of RAM 1" ball base plates, use Stainless steel 1/4-20 screws and nylon nuts to attach them to the windshield mounting bracket, and then use whatever length RAM type attachment arms to bring both the iPhone mount and the GPS mount toward you and at the height you want.

Then, it's just a matter of finding a 12v source for your GPS and a USB 5.5v source for your iPhone. Does your bike have an accessory outlet (cigarette lighter type typically) somewhere at the front of the bike that you could tap into for electrical power?

Here's a comprehensive list of RAM components; they're available at a lot of stores including online; just Google them.https://www.rammount.com/components