Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Fs Option Experiences

Sssssooooooo...............I picked up the sales quote for the '18 F3 S SE6 I'm thinking of buying today. I've got 5 options on it (small wind shield, bars, brake & shifter linkage kit, SS grille, & chopped R fender).

I see the dealer charged me MSRP on all of 'em (they did give a decent discount off MSRP on the Spyder). Mind you; I'm installing them. The dealer was going to charge me labor for putting them on if they did the work. Seems like they would have discounted them 5 or 10 %......................but, maybe not?

If you don't mind telling; what did your dealer charge you (MSRP. or did they discount them "something"---[I'm not asking for particulars]) for your options when you bought your F 3?

TY!

Spyder Garage

It all comes down to the out the door price. Did you pay full MSRP on the bike? Is dealer going to provide financing? Watch out for "dealer reserve." Many other things to consider--additional warranty, free or discounted accessory install--trade in value. MSRP and catalog prices for accessories have lots of profit margin built in. There is a lot to play with.

Your dealer does not sound customer friendly.

I have posted previously about dealing on a bike and a car. It should be in the archives if interested.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Free driver's backrest and cost on any other extras. Had to work on them a bit!
    2016 RTE6 , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm glad to hear that you're already shopping again!
    Here's to wishing you the best of luck; when "the pen meets the paper"!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The dealer did give what I feel is a decent discount off the Spyder MSRP + the usual 6% sales tax and title fee (28 bucks---MEH!).

I was just curious if discounting options was the norm or not, in other's experience. Sounds like I need to work on 'em a bit more. As my OP said; I'd be happy with a 5 or 10% cut off the options (especially as I'm doing the work to save an installation fee). BTW: Bank finance on the balance--the dealer finance plan interest rate was OK , but my bank under cut them by a full percentage point. Gotta take it!

Thanks for the replies and advice!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Smart move on shopping the financing around!

(BRP financing through Sheffield was 7.5%, but my bank came through at just 4%... )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default 10% Discount

I know Imotorsports offers 10% off on all accessories (BRP or not) purchased from them if you buy your Spyder from them. I bought my helmets and Uclear communication from them at a nice little savings! I just had them delivered with my Spyder (free to-my-door delivery on that too).

Spyder Garage

When we did the deal on our '14, we got the C.B., wired intercoms, headsets, trailer hitch & wiring, half-cover and B.E.S.T. warranty. Got a 25% discount on all accessories. Install on all items was free (or they want you to believe it's..FREE!). Got $17K for our trade-in(s) and put $10K down cash, $27K total(including sales tax) for machine out the "door". Considered it a good deal. If the dealer wants to sell inventory, they have room to work with you. If they don't buy their inventory outright, they "lease" them from the manuf. and they have to pay a "birthday" every month. The longer the inventory sits on their floor, the more of their profit margin they lose. Been my experience with working at a Yamaha dealership selling ATV's and snowmobiles. I believe the auto industry works the same way. Good luck with your purchase. Mac

Spyder Garage

Default Leaders in Kalamazoo

10% off all parts when you purchase from them

Al
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White