Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

I've tried the suggestions offered, but they aren't working on my 2018 model with the new display. Muting the GPS volume and having the radio playing with GPS maps on the display all work as I start down the road. But as soon as I reach the first turn where the GPS shows a turn, the radio volume is knocked off.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I mostly listen to music on my phone. The FM radio plays in the speakers and is not a problem when listening to the GPS.

I listen to the phone music through the bluetooth headset and hear it fine when the Genius Maps is muted so it only shows me where to turn and doesn't tell me. The sounds are still there but no voice directions.

Check the bike volume as sometimes it get s muted and I have to go out of BRP Connect to adjust the volume.

Basically play with different settings and find out what works and hope the software update fixes it. It seems the first update didn't do much.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Flamewinger, I appreciate your input. Do you have a 2018 model? Are you aware of a pending software update? I contacted BRP and am waiting to hear if there is a fix pending. If a fix isn't coming soon, I will also have to get music from the phone rather than the FM radio. Everything I've tried hasn't worked to allow the radio to be heard.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by floridarider View Post
    Flamewinger, I appreciate your input. Do you have a 2018 model? Are you aware of a pending software update? I contacted BRP and am waiting to hear if there is a fix pending. If a fix isn't coming soon, I will also have to get music from the phone rather than the FM radio. Everything I've tried hasn't worked to allow the radio to be heard.
    Don't expect much from BRP as they pass the buck to the dealers. The only software update wasn't much and we're now waiting for another update that I understand will fix things. Not sure what and can't get an answer as to what the software fixes are. As I said, BRP passes the buck and my dealer doesn't know.

My dealer had to get special tools and then figure out how to do the update. I was in last Wednesday for the extra parts installed and they said the update they had didn't update anything.

Cross your fingers.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Default Nav voice with music

A little late to the game here, however I noticed today that I get voice navigation clearly when and only when my display is showing the music screen — the Genius Maps app does mute/lower the volume of the music when the navigation screen is showing, but the voice is not audible.

Seems like it’s sort of working, but I would really like the voice while I’m on the navigation screen of course.

Spyder Garage

Default Genius Maps

Quote Originally Posted by hlacoss View Post
    A little late to the game here, however I noticed today that I get voice navigation clearly when and only when my display is showing the music screen — the Genius Maps app does mute/lower the volume of the music when the navigation screen is showing, but the voice is not audible.

Seems like it’s sort of working, but I would really like the voice while I’m on the navigation screen of course.
    Exactly what mine does! I'll have to try the music screen to see what it does. Makes sense in a weird sort of way. If you would rather have the music screen showing, yet have a destination set, it will remind you verbally when and where to turn.

Spyder Garage

2018 rt limited here. The G-map works fine and I can get audio on speakers from both sources (app & radio)...but app audio turn-by-turn is faint. I don’t have the volume set high on the app or my iPhone, so maybe i’ll play with that. Until then, i’m good with just the visual directions.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Check the bike volume as sometimes it gets muted and I have to go out of BRP Connect to adjust the volume.
    Except for the lack of coherent instructions, this is about the only real complaint I have with my audio system.

About once a month, most of the settings get "reset". Speakers revert to OFF, auto volume-OFF, bass and treble boost-0 and maybe other things too.
    A minor pain to be sure......but still a pain.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    Except for the lack of coherent instructions, this is about the only real complaint I have with my audio system.

About once a month, most of the settings get "reset". Speakers revert to OFF, auto volume-OFF, bass and treble boost-0 and maybe other things too.
    A minor pain to be sure......but still a pain.
    The 2018 is a different animal then your 2017.

User setting going back to default is a common problem. For all models with the color display, 2010 to 2017. Easily can be avoided. After turning the key off. Wait the 20 or 30 seconds until until your Spyder fully shuts down. Before turning the key back on. If you turn the key back on before full shut down. Settings will return to default. Commonly this happen when the key is turned off and you have forget to set the parking brake. So you turn the key back on to set it.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    If you turn the key back on before full shut down. Settings will return to default. Commonly this happen when the key is turned off and you have forget to set the parking brake. So you turn the key back on to set it.
    WOW. Thank you.

Or....you turn the key to open the Frunk after turn-off and don't do it right, which happens to me fairly often.