Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Hope you can get back on your feet, financially. Must be tough.
    Its not easy even without having much debt to even get a loan. Problem is from the lack of banks willing to give someone a chance. Most people cant afford buying things outright on a fixed income. I am trying to still get a settlement from two car accidents.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by prisondude View Post
    Its not easy even without having much debt to even get a loan. Problem is from the lack of banks willing to give someone a chance. Most people cant afford buying things outright on a fixed income. I am trying to still get a settlement from two car accidents.
    Hang in there, Dude.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Pretty interesting. The whole feed is rather interesting but check out the Februrary 6th and December 19th tweets. There's more out there but I'll leave it at this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/prisondude?lang=en

Help Sean get a CanAm Spyder! seanwilson-1090005 via @youcaring

Sean’s Can-Am Spyder
    gofundme.com

https://www.gofundme.com/seans-canam-s

https://givehope.com/Seans-canam-spyder-fund

`
    Last edited by MEP; 03-05-2018 at 12:27 PM.
    MEP
    ​2019 F3 Limited

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

Default Ryding

I do wish you well in your search for a Spyder. I agree that the freedom of the open road can lift even the weariest of spirits. As much as someone would love to help you, the plain truth is with an investment of upwards of 20k, the risk to let anyone else operate your Spyder is too high. If something should happen, there's every likelihood that the owner's insurance policy will not cover the accident and/or the policy could be revoked, or the premium could skyrocket.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Interesting thread, I'll be following this.
    Absolutely fascinating on so many levels. I'm hooked.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I feel your pain here. Got rear ended on my way to work 18 months ago while at a dead stop by a guy doing 40 and I was just trying to get to work. Totaled my car, I ended up with an ambulance ride to the ER, 12 weeks of neck rehab and the guy is under insured. My car replacement value left me 8K short of what it cost to get a used Nissan and I'm out close to 20K on medical bills that I haven't been repaid for yet by the other insurance company with no end in sight.

Hope you turn a corner Prisondude.
    2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Even trying to raise funds seems to be a dead end since I am not that lucky to have a bunch of people to share and contribute

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Honestly: Money is pretty tight for everyone these days...
    Thinking that folks will help you buy a motorcycle is just.... Well:

I'm sorry to have to say this; you need to save your money, bide your time, and the right bike will come along!

Patience is the one virtue; that none of us can wait to acquire...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm sorry but if you can't afford a bike you should not get one

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MEP View Post
    Pretty interesting. The whole feed is rather interesting but check out the Februrary 6th and December 19th tweets. There's more out there but I'll leave it at this.

https://mobile.twitter.com/prisondude?lang=en

Help Sean get a CanAm Spyder! seanwilson-1090005 via @youcaring

Sean’s Can-Am Spyder
    gofundme.com

https://www.gofundme.com/seans-canam-s

https://givehope.com/Seans-canam-spyder-fund

`
    you mean https://www.youcaring.com/seanwilson-1090005

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    I'm sorry but if you can't afford a bike you should not get one
    Perhaps you dont realize i did have one a Yamaha r3 and had to sell because of one being unable to balance on a two wheel bike and two to pay for medical bills. and at moment im simply asking for a ride

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Perhaps you should take a look at the Voyager Trike kits.
    They're really affordable, and can be bolted onto an awful lot of different bikes.

http://www.mtcvoyager.com/?gclid=EAI...SAAEgIUB_D_BwE

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Perhaps you should take a look at the Voyager Trike kits.
    They're really affordable, and can be bolted onto an awful lot of different bikes.

http://www.mtcvoyager.com/?gclid=EAI...SAAEgIUB_D_BwE
    Dont like the traditional trike layout tried it during the course and its going to cost just as much for a bike to convert honestly im not a mechanical person at all. A used canam spyder is 10k a used motorcycle plus additional equipment will cost more. I dont have the mechanical ability and it just be a disaster i want something that is built that way from the start
    Last edited by prisondude; 03-06-2018 at 07:41 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It sucks when finances take a bite out of a dream...

...But reality is where we have to live.

Spyder Garage

It sucks when finances take a bite out of a dream...

...But reality is where we have to live.
    But doesn't mean that one should not be able to enjoy anything. Not like I got much more left.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

But doesn't mean that one should not be able to enjoy anything. Not like I got much more left.

You ALWAYS have much more than you think you do...

Spyder Garage

You ALWAYS have much more than you think you do...
    Lost what made me happy last year.

Spyder Garage

2015 RTS Special Series
    Russell Day Long seat
    F4 Customs windshield
    Sena 20s

Spyder Garage

PrisonDude,

It's just hard not to comment on this one. Skip what I'm saying if you don't want to hear what I think, because I'm going to honest about what I think.

You say you have bad credit, which translates into having borrowed money and not repaid it. That means, when you have unfulfilled promises to repay money you owe, you feel that strangers should pay for an expensive, luxury item that you want simply because you want it.

I hate to break this you, but you aren't the victim here. There are a multitude of choices you have made in the past that have put you where you are today. Those choices would have been essentially the same had X, Y and Z not happened to you.

I don't think it's ever too late for change, but that begins by taking responsibility for your decisions and making choices to be responsible for yourself, and to keep your word to the best of your ability (including past promises). We can all grow, and I've found that in my attempts to become a better person I become more, rather than less, successful. Sometimes that costs me money in the short term, or doesn't seem to have any identifiable return benefit to me, but in the end it absolutely pays off.

Honestly, I wish you the best in the future, and hope you are willing to create that for yourself, because it isn't anything that others can give you in a meaningful way.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    PrisonDude,

It's just hard not to comment on this one. Skip what I'm saying if you don't want to hear what I think, because I'm going to honest about what I think.

You say you have bad credit, which translates into having borrowed money and not repaid it. That means, when you have unfulfilled promises to repay money you owe, you feel that strangers should pay for an expensive, luxury item that you want simply because you want it.

I hate to break this you, but you aren't the victim here. There are a multitude of choices you have made in the past that have put you where you are today. Those choices would have been essentially the same had X, Y and Z not happened to you.

I don't think it's ever too late for change, but that begins by taking responsibility for your decisions and making choices to be responsible for yourself, and to keep your word to the best of your ability (including past promises). We can all grow, and I've found that in my attempts to become a better person I become more, rather than less, successful. Sometimes that costs me money in the short term, or doesn't seem to have any identifiable return benefit to me, but in the end it absolutely pays off.

Honestly, I wish you the best in the future, and hope you are willing to create that for yourself, because it isn't anything that others can give you in a meaningful way.
    \

Just because someone has bad credit doesn't mean irresponsibility I went bankrupt over a year ago it happens to the best of us. I am just a victim with the problems of banks not giving people a chance and also because they don't see them as transportation. Have you ever had medical bills that just never went away and the collections just take down your credit? There are reasons why getting loans are difficult I am rebuilding my credit the same problem applies to getting a car. First was the debt to income ratio now it's just not having installment loan history. But how do you get an installment loan when you don't get the credit my scores are averaging 660 which is fair but I am not at least three years post bk. I am expecting a settlement shortly from the insurance but honestly a ride even as a passenger should not be hard. I admit we all make mistakes but to believe it or not I have done a lot to change my credit habits. When you're limited to what you are allowed to make it gets hard to ask a bank for a loan. I'm limited to 1100 monthly in income to keep disability earnings it's just bad timing to have lost my motorcycle. I had always made payments on my 16 Yamaha R3 but my roommate doesn't have the capital to loan 10k. I have stupidly high limits on cards that I never use which is agitating cause like am I really going use 7k on care credit or 4k on trek bikes. Seriously my credit isn't that bad. I have done so much for people and then when I needed the help they bail so whats it say when comes to humanity. I did not ask to loose the one thing that kept me going that took years to get which was my motorcycle. If it was not for two car accidents I would be riding now and happier.

Spyder Garage

\

Just because someone has bad credit doesn't mean irresponsibility I went bankrupt over a year ago it happens to the best of us. I am just a victim with the problems of banks not giving people a chance and also because they don't see them as transportation. Have you ever had medical bills that just never went away and the collections just take down your credit? There are reasons why getting loans are difficult I am rebuilding my credit the same problem applies to getting a car. First was the debt to income ratio now it's just not having installment loan history. But how do you get an installment loan when you don't get the credit my scores are averaging 660 which is fair but I am not at least three years post bk. I am expecting a settlement shortly from the insurance but honestly a ride even as a passenger should not be hard. I admit we all make mistakes but to believe it or not I have done a lot to change my credit habits. When you're limited to what you are allowed to make it gets hard to ask a bank for a loan. I'm limited to 1100 monthly in income to keep disability earnings it's just bad timing to have lost my motorcycle. I had always made payments on my 16 Yamaha R3 but my roommate doesn't have the capital to loan 10k. I have stupidly high limits on cards that I never use which is agitating cause like am I really going use 7k on care credit or 4k on trek bikes. Seriously my credit isn't that bad. I have done so much for people and then when I needed the help they bail so whats it say when comes to humanity. I did not ask to loose the one thing that kept me going that took years to get which was my motorcycle. If it was not for two car accidents I would be riding now and happier.
    Just because someone has bad credit doesn't mean irresponsibility I went bankrupt over a year ago it happens to the best of us.

Very true.
    I am just a victim with the problems of banks not giving people a chance and also because they don't see them as transportation.

If you view yourself as a "victim" you will have a very tough time recovering.
    But how do you get an installment loan when you don't get the credit my scores are averaging 660 which is fair but I am not at least three years post bk.
    How long have you been trying to get a loan? Have you been saving the money you would have been spending on the loan payments? That would probably be a good sign of financial responsibility to the banks.
    I'm limited to 1100 monthly in income to keep disability earnings
    If you are capable of making more money why don't you? That again would show financial responsibility.
    my roommate doesn't have the capital to loan 10k
    What does your roommate have to do with your lack of credit?
    I have stupidly high limits on cards that I never use which is agitating cause like am I really going use 7k on care credit or 4k on trek bikes
    Not sure what this means, but if you have that high of credit limits on your credit cards why not use them to buy a Spyder?
    I have done so much for people and then when I needed the help they bail so whats it say when comes to humanity
    Blaming others for your problems isn't going to help.
    Don't mean to beat up on you, but you seem to take no responsibility in this.
    Bob S

Spyder Garage

I've made my point. I really only wish you the best.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

After all:

Spyder Garage

After all:

I agree dont kick some one when their down! lift them up!! we all could be next.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's a message of resolve and hope...