Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Single ply TP is the only TP that works well in RVs that have holding tanks. Those holding tanks need to have a chemical additive that breaks down the paper (and everything else). Using anything but single ply in any holding tank is a recipe for a stinky, gooey, messy, disaster.

FYI; Any single ply TP is OK for RVs. You don't need to spend the extra bucks for the special "RV" or "Marine" toilet paper.
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I didn't know that any one-ply product would be fine; thanks!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Don't buy Corporate TP that stuff sucks

Spyder Garage

Default Recall

I'll remember that when I come to visit Joe.
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
    At my house, we use the nice thick quilted stuff.
    When company or relatives come that may be there for a while we swap it all out for the single ply.
    Hey, they are welcomed, but not for too long.

Joe

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    1. Tear off one square of paper
    2. Make a hole in the center
    3. Insert finger into hole
    4. Wipe butt with finger
    5. Clean finger with the square of paper

The small piece is to be folded in quarters and the point used to clean under your fingernail

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Ice & Calgon

The Ice and Calgon TIP really does Work in the RV Tanks. TP now that's a completely different issue.
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    1. Tear off one square of paper
    2. Make a hole in the center
    3. Insert finger into hole
    4. Wipe butt with finger
    5. Clean finger with the square of paper

If I ever ask you to hand me a chunk of food... please resist the urge to comply!

Spyder Garage

TMI

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

IMG_2857.jpgTruth in advertising. Saw this toilet paper when I was in Spain.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We NEED that brand of toilet paper on this side of the Atlantic!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When I was in grade school many years ago, they used waxed paper (at least that is what seemed like).

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

+1, single ply in the RV. Calgon and ice cubes in the black water tank works great, so does the high pressure wand to snake down the toilet.

Growing up when I was a wee lad, we were taught to crumple up single ply a few times to make it "softer". IIRC it was thin and brown recycled kraft paper... at least felt like it to our tender kiddie tushies.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Costco's brand is good, and Costco's bigger selling item is TP.

I judge my friends by the TP in their guest bathroom, as well as restaurants. Many years ago I made a decision that my butt was entitled to 2ply . Thankfully I don't have an RV.

If you use 2x as much, where is the savings?

Of course, I'm still puzzled and will probably die not knowing, why does "her" bathroom go through TP 2x 3x the amount what we use???

One of the hardest decisions you'll ever face in life is choosing whether to walk away or try harder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pitzerwm View Post
    Costco's brand is good, and Costco's bigger selling item is TP.

I judge my friends by the TP in their guest bathroom, as well as restaurants. Many years ago I made a decision that my butt was entitled to 2ply . Thankfully I don't have an RV.

If you use 2x as much, where is the savings?

Of course, I'm still puzzled and will probably die not knowing, why does "her" bathroom go through TP 2x 3x the amount what we use???
    Not in my house! I made the mistake of buying a pack of their best TP. It is currently stored somewhere in the attic now.
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Headwrench View Post
    My wife asked me if i would run to the store & pick up a package of toilet paper. Being the best husband i can be ( and knowing the proper answer) i said sure. I go...grab the TP check out & go home. Now...you would assume all was well upon my arrival back home.....not so fast grasshopper....apparently during a well planned corporate meeting in a remote area ,known only too those with the need to know, it was decided to market 1 ply TP. Now me not being a person to follow such corporate decisions didnt know there is a differance in TP....my wife being understanding of my lack of knowledge......said "its ok honey, i will take it back". Now that all is well with my home life ( for now) my question is this.......why in the hell would anybody want very thin TP. Is it some sort of gooey fetish that some people relish? Am i missing something? As i see it, the high ups in the corp world dont have to worry cause they probably have people to wipe for them.....it seems they setting us up for failure. Lol was just a fun observation.
    Google "Groom of the stool"
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Actually guys, here's the deal. I am a professional in the sewer & drain business and we go on multiple service calls weekly for blocked drains. We have found that the thicker papers don't break down well when they get wet so they just sit in the sewers and don't flow well to the street in many cases. This has become a larger problem since water saving toilets have come around as they don't use enough water to keep the solids flowing very far in old drain systems. If you use thick paper make sure there is plenty of water being used elsewhere like longer showers, washing machine and the like as this will help keep things movin on down the line. Chris

2021 RT Limited
    2021 Spyder RT Liminted , Marsala Red in Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, Chris!

Spyder Garage

Two pages of pontification on toilet paper--you guys really need some warm riding weather to deal with your cabin fever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by malibu_dan View Post
    Two pages of pontification on toilet paper--you guys really need some warm riding weather to deal with your cabin fever!
    It gets that way sometimes. Slow days can be obvious.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

You obviously have not discovered the Frantz Oil Filter if you dis-single ply

http://www.frantzfilters.com/

I wouldn't drive any of my diesel vehicles without one.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Headwrench View Post
    My wife asked me if i would run to the store & pick up a package of toilet paper. Being the best husband i can be ( and knowing the proper answer) i said sure. I go...grab the TP check out & go home. Now...you would assume all was well upon my arrival back home.....not so fast grasshopper....apparently during a well planned corporate meeting in a remote area ,known only too those with the need to know, it was decided to market 1 ply TP. Now me not being a person to follow such corporate decisions didnt know there is a differance in TP....my wife being understanding of my lack of knowledge......said "its ok honey, i will take it back". Now that all is well with my home life ( for now) my question is this.......why in the hell would anybody want very thin TP. Is it some sort of gooey fetish that some people relish? Am i missing something? As i see it, the high ups in the corp world dont have to worry cause they probably have people to wipe for them.....it seems they setting us up for failure. Lol was just a fun observation.
    Maybe I've just had too much wine, but I found this hilarious! Thanks....
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
    Actually guys, here's the deal. I am a professional in the sewer & drain business and we go on multiple service calls weekly for blocked drains. We have found that the thicker papers don't break down well when they get wet so they just sit in the sewers and don't flow well to the street in many cases. This has become a larger problem since water saving toilets have come around as they don't use enough water to keep the solids flowing very far in old drain systems. If you use thick paper make sure there is plenty of water being used elsewhere like longer showers, washing machine and the like as this will help keep things movin on down the line. Chris
    TMI ... don't spoil the fun with logic!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Maybe I've just had too much wine, but I found this hilarious! Thanks....
    Your good. We have all been having a little fun.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'm glad that you asked...
    Eventually the black and gray tank sensors start acting wonky: they get clogged up with...
    The... stuff that gets dumped into the sewer can also get stuck in the tanks...
    So you take a couple of bags of ice cubes, about a cup or so of Calgon, and throw all of that in the tank.
    Add water until it's about two-thirds full, and go for a drive!
    The Calgon slicks stuff up, and the ice cubes knock stuff loose...
    Open the valves, and get ready for a deluge!
    Never expected to learn THAT on this forum! Right on!
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    It's a good thing that he didn't use a five-dollar bill; or higher!
    I guess that's better than poison ivy leaves trust me a friend of mine done that while out deer hunting. He didn't think it was as funny as all his friends did.