Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
Well, I've read all the posts about psi and every type of tire we can use. I started out with 18 in the fronts and it was a great improvement to the crappy Kenda's. Noticed it immediately.

However, there was still a lot of roll in the tires that I could feel. I kept bumping them up a couple psi's and rode them hard, like I like.

Finally reached a psi that gave me the performance that I desired. Plus, the rolling resistance is so much better. Feels like glass.

I realize the Yoko's can handle lower psi's, but there is no way you'll convince me that my ride is better at 17 or 18. That feels like mush to me now. Even feels less stable.

I was a professional ski instructor for many years, and raced. We were constantly tweaking things to make turns harder and more dynamic. This isn't any different. I just cranked down my boot buckles and stiffened my bindings.
.... I have skied & raced back in the day ( I'm now 70 + ) also .... But what does that have to do with the PSI in an car tire used on a Spyder. ??? .... I was also a trained Accident Investigator, qualified to testify in Court as an Expert.... So my recommendations concerning PSI in your tires are not based on " Butt Based Opinion " ..... Sooooooo if you want to ride around on a Rock Hard tire and Prevent it from performing at it's full potential, ...well that's what your going to do, and all the science isn't going to matter ....... Ride Safe - Ride Happy ...........and RIDE ALONE wearing Full Leathers with the Armor inserts ........ PS, nothing I said on this post was intended to hurt your feelings & I hope they weren't ...... Mike