Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
IMHO I'd skip the Dragon - to many idiots and the Police love the Dragon ...they usually bring a couple of Ticket / Citation Books when they start their shift ........... and the Rattler is much better imho ..... Mike ....see you there
My reason for riding the dragon is actually to allow others to experience it. It is one of those roads where, if you own a motorcycle and ride in the area, you should experience it just once to say "I did it". I would rather ride Moonshiner 28 and the Cherohola Skyway, but since all 3 are in the same location, I will probably include them.
As for Rattler (209), we can run up and do them any part of either day. Taking 63 over to Asheville is also nice. But don't forget 215, hwy 80 (Devil's whip), 226A (Diamondback), and the always lovely BRP just to name a few.
I also wanted to do the lower half of 28 and check out some of the waterfalls. I was just there last weekend, and 28 between 74 and Franklin is being paved, so you will need to take it easy. But it will probably be on the list of one of those days. I am just excited about going and getting a chance to experience the area.