Quote Originally Posted by KLo5591 View Post
I was concerned because my 2012 RT A&C is missing both front wheel caps and the axle nuts and bearings are exposed. That is until I looked at a parts diagram and discovered that there is no such part on a 2012. So I wonder if those caps are truly necessary.

UPDATE: on further research I determined that the inner wheel caps were not added until the 2013 model (i.e. 2010-2012 did not have them). I might assume the same part would fit on a pre-2013. Does anyone have an opinion whether I should add them on my 2012? It still has low miles (~7000) and so far the front wheel assemblies are very clean and almost new-looking.
I picked up a couple dust covers for the 2012 using the 2013 numbers they do not work , { start cheep and work my way up } I did how ever see a nice looking bolt on type , using new bolts , the dust cap is bolted onto the frame where the fenders are attached , new longer bolts come with the cover ----> I am looking for the item as I type forgot where I saw it will check back in when I found them again