Spyder Garage

Default F3T Looking for front tires Federal Formoza AOZ1 165/55 R15 but...

I seem to only be able to locate the Federal Formoza AZ01 165/55R15 75V SL. Seems close enough??
    Would there be any considerations with this tire vs. the common choice listed above?
    Thanks

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Not sure what you are asking. That looks like the size. Like this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-NEW-Federa...W/222444863481
    Last edited by Highwayman2013; 06-16-2017 at 09:58 AM.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Yes.
    And I 'think' you're saying no problem? Correct?
    I don't normally turn to eBay, maybe I should.
    Thanks

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nealperkins View Post
    Yes.
    And I 'think' you're saying no problem? Correct?
    I don't normally turn to eBay, maybe I should.
    Thanks
    Looks like the right tire, SpyderAnn01 runs these and I'll get them when the Kendas wear out.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Default FEDERALS

I just bought two last week for the front of my RT-S, I really didn't need them yet but couldn't turn down the price, E-bay $108.00 for two with free shipping..
    2013 Viper Red RT S-SE5 All 48 states on a Gold Wing now I'm working on getting all on a

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have been running my set since last year go for it you will not regret it. They are way better than stock

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    I have been running my set since last year go for it you will not regret it. They are way better than stock
    How so? Im considering changing out ours but trying to gauge how it improves things if at all. Ours only have 400 miles so we can wait but id love to improve things if possible.

Spyder Garage

Default Federal tires on front of RT Limited

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke387 View Post
    How so? Im considering changing out ours but trying to gauge how it improves things if at all. Ours only have 400 miles so we can wait but id love to improve things if possible.
    I ordered 2 Federal tires off E-bay. My Spyder has had a problem with shaking handlebars and pulling to the right! It still did it with the new Federal tires, so I took them to a tire store and had them true them (shave off high spots)! Now the tires are great with no shaking and no pulling except where the highway has a high crown! This makes me 3 sets of tires in the first 2000 miles on my new 2016 Spyder RT Limited, so I am very proud of my new Federal tires! I have also had the Rolo laser alignment! BRP has spent very little money on my problem, but I have spent a lot getting the problem corrected!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    I ordered 2 Federal tires off E-bay. My Spyder has had a problem with shaking handlebars and pulling to the right! It still did it with the new Federal tires, so I took them to a tire store and had them true them (shave off high spots)! Now the tires are great with no shaking and no pulling except where the highway has a high crown! This makes me 3 sets of tires in the first 2000 miles on my new 2016 Spyder RT Limited, so I am very proud of my new Federal tires! I have also had the Rolo laser alignment! BRP has spent very little money on my problem, but I have spent a lot getting the problem corrected!

Sounds to me like your rims are out of round if you have to shave tires. This happened to me with some truck rims I bought. I returned them.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I just got the Federals and only went on 1 ride so far. The tires grip well. They are very smooth riding. But what is the best on my 15 RT-S is I actually can feel the power steering. It turns so much easier now then with the Kenda's. The Kenda's made my bike feel like there was no power assist. Highly recommend the Federals
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke387 View Post
    the handling/steering/response was greatly improved. Those stock tires are noisy sound like a truck running down the road. Steering seems easier than with the stock tire.

Run what you have now maybe try tire pressure changes to see if it improves any for you?? . Not sure why you want to swap tires so soon? I am sure I will hear about it after that last comment by some

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I love my Formozas and I also ordered another set so I'll have them when I'm ready. I haven't done this but you can rotate them very easily as they are not directional and that would give you even longer life.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Federal tires

I have a 2014 RTS and just replaced my fronts with Federal AZ01 165R55 15 from Tire easy phone 1-855-978-6789 for $98.24 total shipped to my door in two days. I have a friend who did the same thing, but they charged him$.50 more, no idea. Just give them a try. They are on the west coast, but 5am-5pm PST Monday thro Friday. Hope this helps.
    2011 RT-S SE5 Viper Red
    2014 RT-S SE6 Cognac
    Bajaron sway bar w/ aluminum heims
    Custom Design HM Brake light
    Custom Design Red front fender lights with turn signals
    Lidlox
    Corbin arm rests
    2014 RTS SE6 , Cognac

Spyder Garage

We just bought a set of Formoza for my wife's F3. We got them off eBay and they only took a few days to receive them. She never had any problems with the Kendas, but we bought new rims at Homecoming, so we decided to put new rubber on since she has 10k miles on the Kendas and the Formozas are such a good price. We have a trip yo Connecticut next week end and it will be a good trial for them.

Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default I agree

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    I just got the Federals and only went on 1 ride so far. The tires grip well. They are very smooth riding. But what is the best on my 15 RT-S is I actually can feel the power steering. It turns so much easier now then with the Kenda's. The Kenda's made my bike feel like there was no power assist. Highly recommend the Federals
    I agree, I put about 500 miles on the Formozas last weekend and loved the improvement to the steering response that they made.
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderConvert View Post
    I agree, I put about 500 miles on the Formozas last weekend and loved the improvement to the steering response that they made.

I just purchased a pair of Formozas, my question is what air pressure are you running?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default FRONT TIRE PSI

Quote Originally Posted by m109anc View Post
    I just purchased a pair of Formozas, my question is what air pressure are you running?
    If you are switching to CAR tires ..... they will work much, much better at lower pressures ...like 15 - 16 ....especially on wet roads ....... the ride will be more comfortable also, because this allows the tires to soften the bumps ....... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I run 19 in my Formozas. I find that if I run lower pressure my Spyder handles poorly at really low speed like in parking lots etc.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default CAR TIRES AND HANDLING

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    I run 19 in my Formozas. I find that if I run lower pressure my Spyder handles poorly at really low speed like in parking lots etc.
    Ann, handling is not what's likely to get you killed in a parking lot ....... But driving on the highway at speeds 65 mph and over, especially in the rain is very likely to ..... I know I sound like a broken record about this PSI thing, but if I save one life, it will have been worth it ....... Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 06-20-2017 at 08:31 AM.