Thread: Tater sortin'

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Our taters grow so uniform here in Idaho we don't need to sort them!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

OK, I've made several trips through Idaho. Where are y'all growin' those taters? What region? I took a photo of a two headed fly in Arco back in 2011.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cavman View Post
    OK, I've made several trips through Idaho. Where are y'all growin' those taters? What region? I took a photo of a two headed fly in Arco back in 2011.
    Mostly along the Snake River. You will also see a lot of sugar beets and a fair amount of corn. Idaho is also third in the nation for milk and cheese production. Look at the satellite view on Google Maps. The green is irrigated farm country.

Arco is the first city in the world to have been lighted by electricity produced from nuclear power. That was over 60 years ago.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Last year I went thru Idaho on US20/26/93 and stopped at a hot water spring. There was a Geocache located there some years ago. I never found it and it has since been archived. That's how I know about this place known only by locals. I met some back in 2011.

The spring is on BLM land and put out water around 100°F. The pool is on private land surrounded by lava. The pool is about four feet deep.

Last year I stopped by and went down to the pool with a pony Scuba tank, weight belt and mask. I also had my Drift camera with me in it's waterproof housing. This was the first Scuba diving I've done at altitude.

Even in the Summer, the warm water feels really good. Since I was not pressed for time on this trip, I swam for a while.

Spyder Garage

Why I can't post photos from my iPad Air 2 is a mystery? Says invalid file. But I can post them with my old iPad 2.
    Red pin is Arco, ID. Purple pin is pull off parking. The pool is North of there via the trail.

Well, that just sucks! Can't upload anything from either iPad now! .png file invalid.

Spyder Garage

image.jpgPhoto taken July 7, 2011 in Arco, ID at the Good Sam Camp Ground.
    I do not have or use photo shop. You tell me nukes are safe!
    Last edited by Cavman; 05-07-2017 at 12:43 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

ever see how they unload some trucks