first watch the video, then read the story on this

now the story

http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/***...ium=socialflow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wonder if he'll care when bubba and friends want to marry him

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am glad you followed up with this, I was wondering what happened? The jerk could have killed them. He will have 15 years to think about it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Good to Hear.....

The long arm of the law....Glad the bikers were not hurt any worse...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm glad that he got what he got...
    Although I'd personally rather see him beaten with a baseball bat, until every bone in his miserable carcass is in several unplanned pieces...

EDIT: I bet that he cares NOW...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 05-06-2017 at 12:23 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I'm glad that he got what he got...
    Although I'd personally rather see him beaten with a baseball bat, until every bone in his miserable carcass is in several unplanned pieces...
    Common Bob, tell us how you really feel.

BTW,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've never actually killed anybody... but I have read several obituaries with a great deal of satisfaction!

Spyder Garage

This guy is obviously a jerk, but 15 years seems too much, in my opinion.
    Also, the guys who were passing on the double yellow line aren't blameless.
    Their tickets and fines should not have been dismissed.
    Their actions, in fact, initiated the incident.
    This was just stupid all around.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong.
    If I am, I'm sure someone here will let me know about it.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i would think it is attempted murder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Also, the guys who were passing on the double yellow line aren't blameless.
    Their tickets and fines should not have been dismissed.
    Their actions, in fact, initiated the incident.
    This was just stupid all around.

I remember being told that 2 Wrongs don't make a Right, and that stupid is as stupid does. If anybody thinks passing on a double yellow line on a two lane is OK, regardless of vehicle, needs to review their drivers manual. The retaliation by the old man was uncalled for, and could have caused a bigger carnage than what occurred, especially if there were cars/trucks coming the other direction.
    Actually the jerk of an old man represents how some drivers feel, and that's what makes driving today so dangerous for everyone on the road. Their car is their personal space, and they can do anything they want. Road rage(this example), cell phone use, and driving without lights on during inclement whether, and at night, and DWI with drugs and alcohol. It's no wonder our insurance rates are going thru the roof.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Without getting political, etc., justice done is good. Bad actions should not go unpunished.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

in all the years i rode two wheels i almost never white lined or passed on a double yellow line. have i jumped over a double yellow line on a highway yo get into a HOV lane, GUILTY AS CHARGED. but out of the couple of times i white lined, one that sticks out in my mind is that i was heading home one afternoon and it was hot out, i knew there was a place on the parkway i could pull off by the water that had trees that i could sit under to cool off under, as some people on here know, i hate heat and the sun. i think i was on my BMW and it had bags on it, so i was going slow between the cars, but inching my way towards the exit to get off at the marina exit on the parkway. ever make eye contact with someone in their car in their mirror. well i see this guy look at me, and sure enough, move so close to the line on his left, that i couldn't squeeze past. and that is why i never understood why people white line through cars so fast, that something like that could happen so fast.

Spyder Garage

When on a MC club ride we encountered a "parking lot" due to an accident. When an accident happens the whole highway gets shut down for a time.

The parking lot happened less than a mile from the designated roadhouse stop and most of the group went to the shoulder and drove slow. We encountered one motorist who would have none of that. He pulled as close to the edge as possible and opened the passenger door--therefore impeding the movement of the MC's. We were less than 25 feet from the driveway of the restaurant. A heated discussion ensued, but eventually he let the MC's pass and enter the place.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    I'm not saying that you're wrong...

I'm just saying that you could be a little bit more right!

Spyder Garage

15 years at his age might be a life sentence, which is what I think he should have gotten. Nowhere is there any mention of rather or not the motorcyclist got a ticket for crossing the double yellow. If the Police were doing their jobs he did, and rightfully so. In my world the guy got 15 years and the Police did their job and the Motorcyclist got a ticket, so Justice served. And they were both stupid for performing the actions they did. I almost forgot the Girlfriend should have dropped him like a hot potato and made him pay her medical expences.
    Last edited by 2Paw; 05-06-2017 at 09:26 PM.
    Ed

They told me not to give up on my dreams, so I went back to sleep.

Champagne 2017 RTS SE6
    Quantum Blue 2012 RTS-SE5 "Bluebell, Bell for short" - Traded 09/2017

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i think 15 years is excessive for the jerk especially since the m/c rider will sue & win. but the rider should be ticketed & lose his license
    since it could not have happened if he didn't break dmv laws. like cuzn said i have only crossed those lines when getting into the hov
    lane or lane blocked or closed.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are You Serious.jpg
    The behavior of that idiot in the car can in no way be tolerated...
    Not even a Law Enforcement Officer is allowed to serve as Judge, Jury, and Executioner on the street. Since he had so much trouble with being passed on a double-yellow: jot down the plate number of the bike, and report it to the authorities.
    As far as the rider's actions: I saw nothing there that warranted a potential Capital Sentence.
    Perhaps it was a stupid move; it didn't warrant wrecking his bike, and knocking him and his passenger into a ditch.

Fifteen years, and let him think about it...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Are You Serious.jpg
    The behavior of that idiot in the car can in no way be tolerated...
    Not even a Law Enforcement Officer is allowed to serve as Judge, Jury, and Executioner on the street. Since he had so much trouble with being passed on a double-yellow: jot down the plate number of the bike, and report it to the authorities.
    As far as the rider's actions: I saw nothing there that warranted a potential Capital Sentence.
    Perhaps it was a stupid move; it didn't warrant wrecking his bike, and knocking him and his passenger into a ditch.

Fifteen years, and let him think about it...
    i think you have to look at what the guys intentions were, did he want to stop him or did he with indifference want the m/c to
    go down. go harsh if he didn't care & was elated at what happened or a little(just a little) lenient if he truly had remorse but pull
    his drivers license for 15 years and have him pay monetary damages and still send him to jail for a few years.
    but what you have to remember is what good is the penalty if people don't know about it and learn to be afraid of being an
    a**hole on the road.

p.s. yesterday while on post ave in westbury i saw 2 dirt bikes and 1 quad crossing old country road(main busy road) going
    through the red light while cars that had the green stopped not to hit them. that is what give bikes a bad image.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Intent doesn't matter.
    It's clear that he knocked the motorcycle off of the road.
    (There's a very clear video of that!)
    When a person uses a 3500 pound (or more) motor vehicle as a weapon against two completely unprotected motorcyclists: that is clearly an assault... and he's pretty lucky that he didn't kill them in the process.

Spyder Garage

Default 15 years

The man in the car got what he deserved , But none of it would have happened if the IDIOT on the bike would have obeyed the law. I don't care if he risked his life, but taking his passengers life into his own hands was inexcusable. She needs to stay clear from the idiot. It amazes me how many bike riders only blame the driver and excuse the rider.
    Both of them need to stay off the highway . At least one of them will for awhile. The clear victim in the entire mess was the passenger of the bike.
    I have had more two wheeler's pass us on double yellow line than cars, one almost put my wife in the ditch.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    The man in the car got what he deserved , But none of it would have happened if the IDIOT on the bike would have obeyed the law. I don't care if he risked his life, but taking his passengers life into his own hands was inexcusable. She needs to stay clear from the idiot. It amazes me how many bike riders only blame the driver and excuse the rider.
    Both of them need to stay off the highway . At least one of them will for awhile. The clear victim in the entire mess was the passenger of the bike.
    I have had more two wheeler's pass us on double yellow line than cars, one almost put my wife in the ditch.
    give a chimp a gun, the chimp shoots someone, who do you blame?
    the car driver was a total ass, the biker was a schmuck.