Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Fuel odors

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Nope, your not missing anything.....
    I removed mine at about 50 miles. I have no fuel smell.

Speaking of hot fuel.....anyone ever grab the metal fuel filter after a ride? It gets hot enough that you can't keep your hand on it.
    I wrapped the filter with heat tape and pulled the bracket away from the motor as much as possible. Don't know if it does anything but since there is no real volume in the filter it's just another thing to think about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2012 RT(new to us) has fuel odors.I have checked the cap,etc,and all looks ok.Only had Spyder about 2 weeks,bought from a friend,orig.owner.Only been on a 100 mi. ride since bought,been raining since every freakin' day,but had some odor when we got home.On day we bought it I asked him about the gas smell,he said the dealer told him it was "normal?"He didn't mention ever getting a new cap.If I buy one,will it be the updated one?Anyone have a pic of he replacement so I can make sure it's the updated cap?Any tips/steps/instructions to remove the can(for testing purposes,lol)?Anything need to be capped off?I really appreciate any info you can share.Thanks!
    Last edited by Bowtie41; 05-03-2017 at 11:37 PM. Reason: update