Spyder Garage

Default Looking for your thoughts.....

So I had an idea and was curious of what others thought of these. We took our Air Wings (for a GL1800 Goldwing) and painted them with Spray on Bed Liner. This could also be done for you Can Am Spyder guys. This gives them a tough, rugged look while keeping the same great function that our Air Wings offer. My question for you is what are your thoughts? Do you like them? Is this something we should possibly offer? Thanks in advance for your input.

IMG_1791.jpg IMG_1802.jpg IMG_1804.jpg

Spyder Garage

If I had some of that material on my Spyder or trailer it might work for me. Not sure if I would want it just on my air wings.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Perhaps on a black Spyder/Wing etc but not sure I would want to do that with another colour. To me it would stand out too much for my personal taste.

Gary

Spyder Garage

Default wings

how hard are bugs to remove from the textured bed-liner material

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Clean-ups could be a bit more involved...
    Have you run any "aero-tests", on a set that have been coated yet? I'm curious as to how (if at all...) it affects airflow.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Interesting. ...

could be a hit... let us know about the maintenance....
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Gotta say i prefer the clear & optional engraving. Why paint? Just use textured ABS plastic otherwise.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wing Guy View Post
    So I had an idea and was curious of what others thought of these. We took our Air Wings (for a GL1800 Goldwing) and painted them with Spray on Bed Liner. This could also be done for you Can Am Spyder guys. This gives them a tough, rugged look while keeping the same great function that our Air Wings offer. My question for you is what are your thoughts? Do you like them? Is this something we should possibly offer? Thanks in advance for your input.

I just installed both the Baker wings and leg shields. Painting them flat wrinkled black would not be an enhancer, in my opinion. What would be really beneficial would be to form them better then they are. Both of my Baker products (being honest) are not well thought out in their mounting hardware and do not form to the shape of my Spyder. At this point I would not recommend either product and black wrinkle paint is pointless.

Spyder Garage

I've never been a fan of the looks of wings, other than the BRP adjustable one for the RT, but making them a solid black I think makes it look more 'factory' instead of add-on.
    So I kinda like it. I'll never have them on my Spyder, but if I did I'd consider this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have had your air wings on 3 of my GoldWings and on the last 1500 I had, I took them to the local Xline dealer
    dropped off my truck for a bedliner job and had them do the Air wings while they were doing the truck....
    I always thought they were better more tuff and great looking I think you should offer that as an extra add on.
    You could offer different colors as well
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Air Wing Guy View Post

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorcycledave View Post
    I have had your air wings on 3 of my GoldWings and on the last 1500 I had, I took them to the local Xline dealer
    dropped off my truck for a bedliner job and had them do the Air wings while they were doing the truck....
    I always thought they were better more tuff and great looking I think you should offer that as an extra add on.
    You could offer different colors as well
    Dave
    Dave, do you have any issues getting the bugs off? I love my air wings, I have the smoked ones on my white RT and I could see having the black ones if I had a black Spyder or one of the RTS - SS that have the black pieces. Also I think they would look good on the F3T that has the black pieces too.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Sorry, but I'm not a fan of using bed liner spray for anything other than a bed liner and the lower half of a RT622 or freedom trailer (to protect it from rock chips). I wouldn't consider buying them. Not trying to offend, just offering my 2 cents worth.
    Last edited by 3 Wheel Rider; 03-11-2017 at 08:27 AM.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I think getting bugs off would be near impossible. It's hard enough with the smooth surface.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Default I apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Road-Kill View Post
    I just installed both the Baker wings and leg shields. Painting them flat wrinkled black would not be an enhancer, in my opinion. What would be really beneficial would be to form them better then they are. Both of my Baker products (being honest) are not well thought out in their mounting hardware and do not form to the shape of my Spyder. At this point I would not recommend either product and black wrinkle paint is pointless.
    I am sorry to hear that you do not like your air wings. I will be sending you a private message to see what we can do to help you and fix your concerns with our product. I thank you for your honest opinion whether it is good or bad we like to hear I tall we can't fix issues if we don't know about them.

Spyder Garage

Default Thank you for all your honest opinions.

We value and thank each one of your opinions on this post. We will be doing more studies and experiments before we decide whether or not to offer this as another option to our Air Wings.