Spyder Garage

Default Looking for a used Bucket

My wife has a 2010 RT A&C, when she bought this bike back in '11, she got a great deal, she bought it used, the guy wanted a new Lava Bronze RT. She bought it from a dealer, who had it on consignment, well it seems that not all the facts were told. Don't get me wrong, the bike has been mechanically flawless, but we have discovered, that the frunk bucket must have struck something pretty hard, as the plastic bottom is fractured. The Dealer wants $300 for a new one. So, I am looking for a used one, anybody have any leads?

Thanks
    USAF MSgt, Retired
    2018 F3 Intense Red
    Squared Away Lasar alignment, TricLED Headlights, Foglights,Safety Bundle with Turn Module, BajaRon Sway Bar,Squared Away Mirror Wedges, Stebel Air Horn, Dash Turn Indicators, TricLED USA Flag
    2018 F3L , Intense Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

You might check around some of the salvage motorcycle parts shops and see if anyone has one for a spyder. Or you might also take it out and get some quick set j b weld and try to repair it. As long as all the pieces are there or its just cracked. Put it both on the inside and outside.

Spyder Garage

Just get the crack patched or sealed by plastic welding & then pull the placcy drip tray off the bottom of your Spyder & fit one of the stronger replacement Skid Plates that are available...

Noboot (that's his username here) does a pretty good alloy Skid Plate as well as the really smart replacement Windscreen Arm for the RT's people normally associate with him (drop him a pm if you want more info - he is a sponsor here now isn't he?!) or there's the synthetic material BumpSkid that comes with or without LED's; & I'm sure there are probably more protective plates available out there too!! You gotta admit that the underside of the Spyder is just a bit exposed with only stock placcy gear in place & if you hit it hard enough, the plastic often has no choice but to break or be ground away - but it's really not hard to fit a better/stronger alternative & completely remove the risk of that frunk damage ever happening again!!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default ANOTHER FIX

A DIY thought, make a cardboard or paper template of the bottom of the FRUNK and get a thin piece of Galvanized sheet metal (24 to 28 ga.) transfer the pattern to it and then glue it in ......... A heck of a lot less than $300.00 ....jmho ... Mike

Spyder Garage

Got to agree with the DIY type repair But would top it off with spray on plasti-dip, a thin even coat does good for waterproofing & reinforcement fyi, just dont forget the drain plug My frunk has one, I'm not sure all do but worth a look while repairing.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I agree with the repair, much cheaper, however if you want o go new $224.00 on line with free shipping.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rtotten View Post
    My wife has a 2010 RT A&C, when she bought this bike back in '11, she got a great deal, she bought it used, the guy wanted a new Lava Bronze RT. She bought it from a dealer, who had it on consignment, well it seems that not all the facts were told. Don't get me wrong, the bike has been mechanically flawless, but we have discovered, that the frunk bucket must have struck something pretty hard, as the plastic bottom is fractured. The Dealer wants $300 for a new one. So, I am looking for a used one, anybody have any leads?

Thanks
    take the frunk off and take it to any reputable auto body shop and ask them to plastic weld it for you. done correctly it will be a permanent repair. I've plastic welded a lot of bumper covers and such over the years. the better shops will probably be using a hot air plastic welding system, which does a better job than a hot iron type.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get all of the facts at the time of purchase...
    But this DOES seem like a reasonable easy DIY project, and the others have given you some pretty decent advice on how to fix it.
    It's been a good bike for over 5 years: time to show it some love!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I can send you this bucket.

Rusty Bucket.jpg
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic