Spyder Garage

Default Leader Motorcycle Mounting Brackets and Ram X-Grip

Anyone have comments (positive or negative) about the following two items:

1. Leader Motorcycle Accessories, Urban Mounting Bracket (device which attaches to F3 handlebars).

URBAN Mounting Bracket for Can-Am Spyder – Leader Motorcycle Accessories 2017-01-15 22-40-43.jpg

2. Ram X-Grip Adapter (device which attaches to Urban Mounting Bracket and secures iPhone7 Plus w/case).
    Urban RAM X-Grip Adaptor Mount for Can-Am Spyder – Leader Motorcycle Accessories 2017-01-15 22-4.jpg Urban RAM X-Grip Adaptor Mount for Can-Am Spyder – Leader Motorcycle Accessories 2017-01-15 22-4.jpg

I am considering purchasing these two items in order to mount my iPhone7 Plus onto the center of my F3S handlebars. I want to use it primarily as a GPS (using Google maps).

Has anyone used either of these two products and have comments they'd like to share or if you have any better suggestions for this type application.

Thanks to all in advance!
    2015 F3S SE6

2015 F3S SE6 , CanAm Red

Spyder Garage

I have an X-grip and they work great. Mine came with a rubber piece that you can hook onto the corners of your phone to insure it doesn't fall out. I just clip it to two corners. I use a RAM mount. I believe Lamonster also makes a handlebar mount like the one you posted.

Spyder Garage
    2015 RT Limited Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default Hello Jack!

Don't know a thing about the request for info you made, just seen that you are the closest member in Tennessee to me and thought I would bump you for it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acpd22 View Post
    Don't know a thing about the request for info you made, just seen that you are the closest member in Tennessee to me and thought I would bump you for it.
    I have the RAM X-Grip mounted using a bolt in the handlebar mounts. It's this kit from value-accessories:

http://store.valueaccessories.net/Sp...MMountKit.aspx

Works really well with my smartphone - never had any worries about it coming loose even with no wind screen (phone sits in the draft). I'll try and find a photo to post.

I also fitted a USB socket in a spare hole to the side of the ignition and use this to power the phone. I have the heated grips switch in the other one. If you were fitting one of the fog light kits in the US you wouldn't have the hole spare. The dipped beam for europe is in the fog lights position and permanantly on with the ignition - hence I don't need the hole for a switch.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

I used the ram ball from the VA, and it showed signs of cracking after 1 year and had to buy another. FYI.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnny pop View Post
    I used the ram ball from the VA, and it showed signs of cracking after 1 year and had to buy another. FYI.

Interesting. Mine has been on about 7-8 months but I can honestly say I've never inspected it as I don't remove the grip.

I'll have a look next time I'm on the bike.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

It's outdoors all the time, but it might be me over tightening it a bit.. Not sure.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnny pop View Post
    It's outdoors all the time, but it might be me over tightening it a bit.. Not sure.

Mine is outdoors as well, albeit under 2 covers (one heave duty) and I do have it pretty tight. I shall check mine and report back.

I didn't have anything to doubt that it was genuine RAM gear from VA. I had it shipped to my hotel in Florida and then brougt it back to the UK.

Spyder Garage

Default Difference Between Mounts

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    I have the RAM X-Grip mounted using a bolt in the handlebar mounts. It's this kit from value-accessories:

Works really well with my smartphone - never had any worries about it coming loose even with no wind screen (phone sits in the draft). I'll try and find a photo to post.

I also fitted a USB socket in a spare hole to the side of the ignition and use this to power the phone. I have the heated grips switch in the other one. If you were fitting one of the fog light kits in the US you wouldn't have the hole spare. The dipped beam for europe is in the fog lights position and permanantly on with the ignition - hence I don't need the hole for a switch.
    I like the simple design of the one you show and the cost. But, the Leader Motorcycle configuration appears to be more durable as the arm is made out of stainless steel and aluminum vice plastic and rubber. It's also more money. Leader configuration costs $114.99; Value Accessories configuration would be $52.75 (Ram X-grip w/ 1"ball $27.95; Double socket arm $12.85; Frame mount w/ 1" ball $11.95).

Thanks!
    2015 F3S SE6

2015 F3S SE6 , CanAm Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 9tda1dr View Post
    I like the simple design of the one you show and the cost. But, the Leader Motorcycle configuration appears to be more durable as the arm is made out of stainless steel and aluminum vice plastic and rubber. It's also more money. Leader configuration costs $114.99; Value Accessories configuration would be $52.75 (Ram X-grip w/ 1"ball $27.95; Double socket arm $12.85; Frame mount w/ 1" ball $11.95).

Thanks!
    The one I've got is all metal, no plastic. They do look plastic but are made out of 'marine grade aluminium' whatever that is. Sounds like marketing nonesense to me but it's certainly very will made. The arm that bolts to the handlebar mount is metal, as is the connector part. It feels like real quality stuff. I think the balls are rubber coated but again it feels like good quality coating. They are metal underneath.

The spyder mount that goes on the handlebar bolt is $20 though so price is more like $60 all in.

I can't speak for the leader one, I've not seen it before your post.

Photos:

2016-09-23 18.40.34.jpgP1100076 (2).jpg

Apologies for quality being poor, these are zoomed in from some shots I have of the bike.
    Last edited by monkeyboymorton; 01-16-2017 at 02:25 PM. Reason: add photos

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    The one I've got is all metal, no plastic. They do look plastic but are made out of 'marine grade aluminium' whatever that is. Sounds like marketing nonesense to me but it's certainly very will made. The arm that bolts to the handlebar mount is metal, as is the connector part. It feels like real quality stuff. I think the balls are rubber coated but again it feels like good quality coating. They are metal underneath.

The spyder mount that goes on the handlebar bolt is $20 though so price is more like $60 all in.

I can't speak for the leader one, I've not seen it before your post.

Photos:

2016-09-23 18.40.34.jpgP1100076 (2).jpg

Apologies for quality being poor, these are zoomed in from some shots I have of the bike.
    I feel stupid, but I assumed it was plastic based on the price and web page images I saw. Shame on me for not doing a thorough review!!! [emoji51]. I will go with your setup as the price is considerably better. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2015 F3S SE6

2015 F3S SE6 , CanAm Red

Spyder Garage

I don't think you'll be diappointed.

I thought $60 was a bit expensive in the modern world of cheap ebay bits from China (my USB socket was £2.50/$4 from China and works fine) however I do think the RAM kit is worth every penny.

And just to confirm, this is the one you need to mount in the handlebar bolt:

Choose F3 from the dropdown.

You'll need a 7mm allen driver then to undo the bolt, but the bolt that comes with the kit is smaller (6mm) I think. No idea why!!

Edit - my setup is the 1 3/4 connector (more than long enough) and the standard X-Grip (will take 6"+ phones). No need for the large X-Grip unless you're mounting a tablet (now that would be good for satnav!!)
    Last edited by monkeyboymorton; 01-17-2017 at 08:07 AM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks brother!

2015 F3S SE6

2015 F3S SE6 , CanAm Red

Spyder Garage

http://www.providence-spyder-accesso...s/show/6685316

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Steven69 View Post
    view on Facebook ''spyderchrome''
    Is this the one from Providence?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tad's RSS View Post
    Is this the one from Providence?

I believe it is brother.

2015 F3S SE6

2015 F3S SE6 , CanAm Red

Spyder Garage

I ordered Monkeyboymorton's setup. Price is good (approx $60 USD), material is good (marine grade aluminum) and it allows for some movement in handlebar area. Will follow up with a report later.

2015 F3S SE6

2015 F3S SE6 , CanAm Red