Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Size trailer needed?

We have sold our 14 foot enclosed trailer and are going to buy a larger one. Just wanted some input on what size I should get to carry both the RT and the F3? I am thinking a 20 foot tandem would work pretty well.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    We have sold our 14 foot enclosed trailer and are going to buy a larger one. Just wanted some input on what size I should get to carry both the RT and the F3? I am thinking a 20 foot tandem would work pretty well.
    I have been looking for one also the last couple of months ... for our Spyder and Yamaha cruiser. I was thinking about an 18 foot which would leave 1 foot to spare according to the mfg specs. Frugal me says it is a waste of money as I think it will only be used a 2 - 3 times per year.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

When you need it its a whole different story! Only 1 foot to spare is bit close, find one with wiggle room, just beware family & friends will call you first when they need help moving!

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default As I see it...

For only a few times a year and with the many trailer rentals I would not have one parked taking up space and needing attention. Now if you have the room and time it can come in handy for many other things...l
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Size matters: pop for the 20-footer.
    You always end up using all of the available space...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Cool 16' works fine

Hauled 2 RTs around the east coast in a 7x16 enclosed roundnose trailer. First tryke went in nose first. Second went butt first. Drove the rear tires onto extra large furniture glides so the back ends could be moved easily left and right. It's a close fit so a well-planned network of tiedowns for ratchet-straps is a gotta have. Never incurred any damage on twisties in the mountains. Padded furniture blanket helped protect bikes in event of a problem. Have to check the setup often to lessen worry.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spring for the 20 footer, you'll be glad you have extra space for easier tie down and for gear, tools, etc that accompany you on trips.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    For only a few times a year and with the many trailer rentals I would not have one parked taking up space and needing attention. Now if you have the room and time it can come in handy for many other things...l
    Space is definitely a consideration for me it would be taking up precious space on the driveway. We used to have a travel trailer which I sold after it went unused for 2 years to reclaim space. I had not considered renting ... that is certainly worth exploring.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We'll be using ours 3-4 times a year, maybe more. Have a great place for it by the house and it can be used to store both bykes. I also have a motion detector wirelessly connected to the house security system. When the house is armed, it is armed. If we leave with the trailer we just call the service and have them disable that zone until I get back.

Spyder Garage

I would look at a 16 foot V-nose trailer. Back the F3 in to the nose area and the RT would fit forward behind it. I'm sure a trailer dealer would test fit your Spyders for a sale.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Humphreys View Post
    I have an 18 23ft with an18ft bed the pic is with a 2011 RS and a 2013 ST but now we have 2 F3 an a lot more room .
    Attached Images Attached Images

corbin Lamont cut seat with back rest, graphic gator,Chrome grips, trailer hitch,buttler mug, two brothers exhaust, painted center fender strips. center brake light, Led lights, tricLed fender lights

Spyder Garage

Default Trailer

Sounds like you have the room and the machine to pull it. Just like a shop I find you will use all available space. happy travels with your machines. I like that you can use them to store the bykes. I need space and when I do get one I want want the jacks and support to use it as a temporary garage. Nicer to use on the road also.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ranman42 View Post
    Sounds like you have the room and the machine to pull it. Just like a shop I find you will use all available space. happy travels with your machines. I like that you can use them to store the bykes. I need space and when I do get one I want want the jacks and support to use it as a temporary garage. Nicer to use on the road also.
    T

Thought about getting those also. I now use jack stands and boards to stabilize the old one on the road. Worked pretty well.

Spyder Garage

Default 20 ft

I have an enclosed 20ft ATC all aluminum. We pull it mainly with the motor home. We try to get a campsite where we can stay hooked up which gives us a garage for the night. We have 2 rtl and they fit nicely one behind the other. The last bike fits just nicely on the flat part of the floor just before the sloped part begins. I have also found the trailer handy for hauling our bikes or our sons gold wing when the need arises. I would not go any less than 20 ft.

Spyder Garage

8.5 wide x 14' long would work. For the price difference the 8.5x16 would be the best option.