Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default High Mileage 2015 F3

So I found an F3 with the color that I want and with manual tranny. It does however have 20k+ miles on it. The price is sorta below retail but not by much. So to any owner here with relatively same mileage, what are the things I should be concerned about?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default PRICE ??????

Quote Originally Posted by Corsacreek View Post
    So I found an F3 with the color that I want and with manual tranny. It does however have 20k+ miles on it. The price is sorta below retail but not by much. So to any owner here with relatively same mileage, what are the things I should be concerned about?
    Well what do you mean " sorta below retail " .....retail as to what ....new ...used.... KBB....NADA ....???? .....Why don't you make it easy and just state the PRICE ...... any extra's ???? .......................Mike

Spyder Garage

OK, let's get into details....

KBB has the 2015 F3-S at $15,570 retail
    NADA has it at $16,595

This dealer's price is $13,989 and it has an aftermarket sound system, BRP color decal kit, BRP windshield.

Spyder Garage

I just purchased a new 2015 leftover F3S-SE with 1 mile on it for $15,299.00.
    that price seems high imo.
    2015 F3S
    2022 Suzuki Hayabusa
    2022 Kawaski KLX300

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by no chrome View Post
    I just purchased a new 2015 leftover F3S-SE with 1 mile on it for $15,299.00.
    that price seems high imo.
    Maybe, I should of waited. I purchased a new 2016 F3-S Triple black for $18,135.00. That price seems too high too..lol

Spyder Garage

I just bought a 2015 RT with 27,000 miles. The previous owner revealed maintenance history to my satisfaction, and had all of the required maintenance done at a dealer.

I drove it 1000 miles home with no issues. Ensure the bike is well cared for, check the tires, make sure the drive belt is aligned correctly, then go and have some fun!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We have a fellow in the RT Touring area, who just crossed the 100,000 mile mark with his 2014... Ann isn't too far behind him, with hers (95,000).

20,000 miles is just getting started: negotiate the best deal that you can! Good Luck!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

NADA has it at $16,595

This dealer's price is $13,989 and it has an aftermarket sound system, BRP color decal kit, BRP windshield.
    That's no deal. I got my 2015 F3 for $14,500 with zero miles on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

I just checked cycletrader and there are new 2015 F3-S's with manual tranny for 13,999. Add a couple of hundred for shipping and for a few bucks more you have a brand new machine with full warranty!

2015 F3 SE6

Spyder Garage

Default Not a problem....

You will have no problems with that mileage on the unit if well cared for. But if the price difference is little and you have your doubts why not go with a new one or one with less miles. There are enough out there in your color choice I'm sure may just have to move your shopping area a bit and have a great ryde home....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default HELPFUL ANSWERS

NADA has it at $16,595

....Now with this info ..... I think the above answers are going to assist you in getting a much better deal, because I agree - the one you have now isn't the best you can get ... If the sound system is a SHARK that = $ 125 to 150 .... most folks here didn't like the BRP windshield ( even the Blueridge ) and have re-placed it with an aftermarket one....... & NADA is not realistic imho ...... good hunting ...Mike .

Spyder Garage

Thanks a bunch guys!!! Your input is highly appreciated. The biggest problem here in Florida is overpriced recreational vehicles.

I'm really interested in owning a F3, it is def a good looking trike. I currently own a 2nd gen Ducati Diavel and that bike is also a niche bike just like the Spyder. Really hard to sell and it doesn't hold it's value very well.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

The 20K miles on the unit are no problem as far as miles go. For you, that is worth deducting for. The dealer is asking to much money. I would think that you should be looking at about $12K. The dealer is preaching yay farkles. They are going to cost extra. I will be willing to bet that he did not say that to the person trading it in. More like farkles are not worth anything. I would not jump on the almost $14K dealer asking price. I would also say to offer them $11K for starters. You can go up (to your ceiling) but you cannot back down. Good luck with your purchase.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I got my 2016 F3 T for approx 16,995 still in crate + got exactly what I paid for a 2 year old bike on trade in from a large dealer. I was happy. I think there are still left overs from 2016 available at the larger dealers. I have small dealer near me and they have NO Spyder at all, they said they could get me one but it would be full retail.

Spyder Garage

Thanks a bunch guys!!! Your input is highly appreciated. The biggest problem here in Florida is overpriced recreational vehicles.

I'm really interested in owning a F3, it is def a good looking trike. I currently own a 2nd gen Ducati Diavel and that bike is also a niche bike just like the Spyder. Really hard to sell and it doesn't hold it's value very well.

The 2015 sm6 manual has a terribly hard clutch pull (even lamont agreed) and You really need the vacuum assist clutch kit installed or your forearms will be like Popeye in 3 months?? Way to high- Look at NADA low retail and offer No More with the clutch kit installed!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

not that bad of a deal

There is an ass for every seat and if that fits yours go for it

Spyder Garage

I did find a leftover 2015 orange, brand new for $15,899 but it's 98 miles away. I did notice the hard pull of the lever on the manual spyder. However, it is a bit harder than my Ducati. Before I bought my Diavel, I had to Hondas, one that had semi-auto/full auto shifting and it made me quite lazy. I had cramps on my left hand when I started riding my Diavel. Furthermore, it was like a bucking bronco having to adjust back to a hard pull once more. So I think since I'm already conditioned to it, I will get the manual. I do however plan to install the shift assist at a later time.

Again, it seems those states that have riding seasons offer better prices. Here in Florida we really don't have riding seasons unless you can't ride with 100 degrees in the summer. Georgia seems to have better deals overall.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    The 2015 sm6 manual has a terribly hard clutch pull (even lamont agreed) and You really need the vacuum assist clutch kit installed or your forearms will be like Popeye in 3 months?? Way to high- Look at NADA low retail and offer No More with the clutch kit installed!
    Sarge, I notice your picture that you have a blue ridge windshield. How do you like it? Plus, how tall are you? I am 5'5. I am not sure if I should get the Blue Ridge windshield.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ussoldier View Post
    Sarge, I notice your picture that you have a blue ridge windshield. How do you like it? Plus, how tall are you? I am 5'5. I am not sure if I should get the Blue Ridge windshield.
    I am 5'4" and the Blue Ridge did not work for me, had to add an X-creen tour to the top of it. This combination works great for most people that don't want to go to the expense of buying another windshield. However, there are several aftermarket shields available for the F3. If you don't have any windshield now then probably going to an aftermarket one would be your best bet.

Spyder Garage

So I visited 3 dealers that had new leftover F3-S and it was lunacy to say the least. They put the price tag from $15899 to $16899 but when when it is all said and done, the otd price is $20k. Apparently a helicopter is sling-loading their spyders because their destination fee was $1,400 to $1,600. Assembly and setup fee $875. Doc fee $399.

So I supposed the 2017 priced at $21k would be more of $26k otd. I thought the Harley dealers were rapist but now I know where the serial rapist hangout,, geez!!

Spyder Garage

Default High Mileage 2015 F3

So I visited 3 dealers that had new leftover F3-S and it was lunacy to say the least. They put the price tag from $15899 to $16899 but when when it is all said and done, the otd price is $20k. Apparently a helicopter is sling-loading their spyders because their destination fee was $1,400 to $1,600. Assembly and setup fee $875. Doc fee $399.

So I supposed the 2017 priced at $21k would be more of $26k otd. I thought the Harley dealers were rapist but now I know where the serial rapist hangout,, geez!!

My 2015 F3 (not S), Manual was
    775 parts & labor (cruise control, heated grips, front auxiliary Led)
    600 freight/prep
    85 office fees
    777 tax
    16737 total
    Take off 821 for the extra parts and sales tax on those parts and it comes to:
    15,915 out the door.
    Shop around. You can do better than what they're quoting you.
    Also, I ended up trading in my 2012 RT on this purchase.... otherwise maybe they would have gone a bit lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Firefly; 12-03-2016 at 03:58 PM.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Buy the 15

Spyder Garage

I have NEVER paid Freight OR Prep on any of my 3 Spyders or 13 Jet Skies. They are Raping you blind? When you drive it off the lot you they won,t give you $10,000 Trade In? Wait till you get a real deal and Walk away OFTEN! It costs you nothing to "Walk Away?"

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

20K miles isn't an issue for the Spyder, but I think they should discount it more for the miles.

Is it an F3 or F3S?
    PrairieSpyder (Patti)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Cool ^^^ Agree with what they all said!^^^

What condition are the tires in? Has it been serviced according to the book? Is it due/overdue for a service now??

Sorry! But bearing in mind the price differential between that bike with 20K and a new left over from last year with a full manufacturer's warranty
    I'd choose the new bike. It may cost more initially but peace of mind is a great thing!