Spyder Garage

Default Madstad Windshield for F3T/L

Just looked at their website. I think the way it's mounted looks a lot better than the F3S version.
    Anyone out there bought one yet?
    Rick

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have 3 of them but not on an F3 yet. they are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by stebrock View Post
    Just looked at their website. I think the way it's mounted looks a lot better than the F3S version.
    Anyone out there bought one yet?
    Rick

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Madstad

I did and I really like it on my F3, lots of room to adjust and the side wings keep air off your body

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Madstad

I've had mine a little over a month and put ~2k miles on it...all road conditions...highway, twisties, etc. love it...once you get it adjusted correctly it does everything I expected from a good windshield. Precious bike was an Indian Roadmaster with electric windshield adjustment so my bar was set pretty high.

Last edited by Mississippi Rambler; 11-20-2016 at 12:15 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Rambler View Post
    I've had mine a little over a month and put ~2k miles on it...all road conditions...highway, twisties, etc. love it...once you get it adjusted correctly it does everything I expected from a good windshield. Precious bike was an Indian Roadmaster with electric windshield adjustment so my bar was set pretty high.
    Yeah, once you have had an electric windshield (despite saying "I don't need that!" ) it's hard to go back (Victory Vision)
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default adjustable

Yes the electric screen is good, but does it give you the adjustibility that a MadStad system would??

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have one on my F3 and love it!!

Spyder Garage

So I was really asking if anyone with an F3 T/L had one?

Spyder Garage

Has anyone used both this windshield and the F4 Customs? I was wondering about the pros and cons of both or which one was preferred. I like that this one is adjustable. I like the durability of the F4 Customs. I am going to get a different windshield so I am interested in others thoughts or opinions. I know everyone has their own preference but it's good to hear what others think. Thanks, Cindy

2016 F3-L Special Series Triple Black
    August 25, 2016

2014 ST-Limited
    July 2, 2014

"Just going down that long lonesome highway" and now REALLY loving every minute!!

Spyder Garage

Default Probably

Quote Originally Posted by MadStad Engineering View Post
    Yes the electric screen is good, but does it give you the adjustibility that a MadStad system would??
    An excellent question, Mad. On the Vision, the electric screen moved up and back (or down and forward, depending on where it started) around 4". It let you find the perfect pocket once you selected the right base height screen for your size, so I would say that yes, it does give you the adjustability of a Madstad . If you had your screen high, you could lower it on the fly when entering a town for more airflow, and vice versa for high speed and rain. I can't speak for the RT as I don't have one, but I imagine it would be exactly the same.

It's the ability to adjust on the fly that makes the electric screen such a valuable addition. There isn't an electric screen on the F3, so the Madstad is the next best thing

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

My Madstad is at the most OK. Like the no wind coming straight at you and no head buffeting. But I get a lot of wind from the sides as it is very narrow. Feel it across my chest from both sides. But for them they do give Veterns a discount. Just wish it was a bit wider.

Very Active Member armyspydervet's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AppleSpyder View Post
    Has anyone used both this windshield and the F4 Customs? I was wondering about the pros and cons of both or which one was preferred. I like that this one is adjustable. I like the durability of the F4 Customs. I am going to get a different windshield so I am interested in others thoughts or opinions. I know everyone has their own preference but it's good to hear what others think. Thanks, Cindy
    I don't have a mad, but I just bought and 25in F4. It is NICE. They also have 15% off and free shipping. It is large. I probably should have went with the 23in, but I'm happy with the quality of the F4.
    Chris

2016 F3-T SE6

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for your order

Thanks so much for your order. Most folks like that they can use the factory hardware and cleaning the shield with any glass cleaner and paper towels and it will stay like new.
    Ride Safe and thanks again for your order!

Quote Originally Posted by armyspydervet View Post
    I don't have a mad, but I just bought and 25in F4. It is NICE. They also have 15% off and free shipping. It is large. I probably should have went with the 23in, but I'm happy with the quality of the F4.

Spyder Garage

Default You can get a wider Madstad

Quote Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
    My Madstad is at the most OK. Like the no wind coming straight at you and no head buffeting. But I get a lot of wind from the sides as it is very narrow. Feel it across my chest from both sides. But for them they do give Veterns a discount. Just wish it was a bit wider.
    We ordered a wider/higher Madstad for our F3. It's 1" wider each side and at the top.

I haven't sat behind Mrs G yet (the main reason I wanted a larger screen) but she reckons it is smoother than the older one. Just waiting to refit the original spring back on our Elka so I can sit on the back and receive lots of thumbs-up from women car drivers. ;-)