Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Post sick spyder,any ideas

I have a problem my spyder's check engine light and message comes up when I go into reverse and my reverse light goes on and then shuts off it doesn't blink,I was having problems today on my way home from the MSF safety class I kept on getting an error on my cluster while going down the road.Now the manual says to turn key off and re-insert key when light comes on,but I did that three times.
    I don't here any sounds when I but it in reverse,(like something loose)I will call my dealer in the morning.just wanted to see what you guys said and if this has happened to any of you.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

First thing I would check are the relays. When you take off the fusebox cover under the "hood", press each relay down and pay attention of any of them are not seated fully. The fusebox has a slightly forward tilt and I found when checking them that they actually were tilted forward out of their sockets a bit. Also, one of them may be bad.

Do a search for relays on this forum. Plenty of info here.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Good place to start.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

+1

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Sounds suspiciously like a Gear Position Sensor on the fritz.
    -Scotty

Spyder Garage

One other thing you could possibly look at on your own is to see if the reverse cable is okay down at the transmission. It attaches right near the motor oil filter. Maybe move the reverse lever and verify that it seems to be operating correctly down there.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

check out the relays if that not it go to dealer and have him plug her in let us all no why she didnt work for you please
    I put a pice of foam in my fuzz box to keep the relasys in there place like kids the some times don't want to stay where they belong lol it seams to work and always carry a spair relay can't hurt only 7.98 at part store

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I checked the relays and fuses all are tight and reverse cable is fine,I am going to call the dealer.thanks for your help I will let you know what dealer says and finds. also is the gps covered under warrenty?

PhotoShop Master
    Spyder Garage

INSTRUMENT CLUSTER ?? my girls was having an issue with startup code coming on while driving brp replaced instrument cluster ... no problem now ...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Smile

I don't think it's the cluster,but I tried calling my dealer and they are closed on mondays so I will call tomorrow. oh by the way over 100 posts

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I had the same thing happen to me a couple of weeks ago. It was the gear position sensor. It is covered under warrenty. My dealer didn't have the part in stock they had to order it and it took them two weeks to get the part in. I was able to make it home. When I was driving did it home it also wouldn't tell me what gear I was in it said E on the display. As I was driving it home it fixed it self and then it started to do it again. I told my dealer that they needed to drive it for about 15 miles for it to come back on. I hope this helps you. And good luck.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

spyder in the shop now only been one day and I already miss her,I am having serious withdraw. It's like an addiction.