Thread: Kurykin grips

Spyder Garage

Default Kurykin grips

Pretty sure that's spelled wrong but... did a search and found lots of posts and a vid or two on putting these grips on but they all seem to be on RT's..anyone put these on an F3s ? The same part number and trimming of the se6 shift paddle?. Arthritis in my hands and the small diameter of the stock grips begin to hurt after an hour or so even with the lightest grip.
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Kuryakyn

Quote Originally Posted by baileydale View Post
    Pretty sure that's spelled wrong but... did a search and found lots of posts and a vid or two on putting these grips on but they all seem to be on RT's..anyone put these on an F3s ? The same part number and trimming of the se6 shift paddle?. Arthritis in my hands and the small diameter of the stock grips begin to hurt after an hour or so even with the lightest grip.
    Thanks

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default GRIPS

In all honesty, you are better off finding some COVERS made from .....NEOPRENE ..... the stuff they make diver's DRY SUITS from .....even the WET suit material is better..... the SKIN slows down the transfer of water and will heat better from your grip heaters ......... good luck .......Mike

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Kuryakyn grips on an F3

Thanks
    I put the Kuryakyn grips on my F3 SE 6, and they work great, I couldn't be happier had them. I had previously put them on my 2009 GS SM5, and the were fine...also had them on my 1999 Kawasaki Nomad, and my 2002 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado.. I think they are by far the best grips you can buy, very comfortable, and never a problem with them. I do not have heated grips, so can't say if they would affect the heated grips, though was recently told by a man who has tem on his Gold Wing with heated grips, and they work fine..

Spyder Garage

Default Part number ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dkerr View Post
    I put the Kuryakyn grips on my F3 SE 6, and they work great, I couldn't be happier had them. I had previously put them on my 2009 GS SM5, and the were fine...also had them on my 1999 Kawasaki Nomad, and my 2002 Yamaha Roadstar Silverado.. I think they are by far the best grips you can buy, very comfortable, and never a problem with them. I do not have heated grips, so can't say if they would affect the heated grips, though was recently told by a man who has tem on his Gold Wing with heated grips, and they work fine..
    Would you happen to remember the part number or if it's the same ones for the RT? And did you need to trim the shift paddle?
    Thanks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dkerr View Post
    Do you by have a pic? I had a set on my VTX1300 and loved them with the end piece throttle rocker. Just not sure how they'd look on the F3.

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

20160811_201526.jpg20160811_201506.jpg20160811_201454.jpg20160811_201535.jpg

I recently sold my RT and got an F3, I had these grips on the RT and it was one of the first mods I did on the new F3. I love the grips, the only downside is that they do basically negate the warmers, you can feel it just a little but it's nothing like the stock grips. Having installed these once before I had a better plan for round 2. There is a video on the forum somewhere that shows the installation which I used to do the install on the RT. The only thing I did differently on the F3 was trim down the high spot in the middle of the stock grip, the installation was so much easier. I finished the grips off with lidlox end caps. Good luck with the install, you'll love your new grips!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Kuryakyn grips

Would you happen to remember the part number or if it's the same ones for the RT? And did you need to trim the shift paddle?
    Thanks
    As far as I know, there was no difference between the grips for the F3, and the RT. They come in chrome, or black...I bought the black for my F3. If you go to Kuryakyn's website, you should be able to locate the part number. I didn't have to trim anything.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default grip buddies

i installed these original grip buddies on my f3 love them doesnt effect the heat

Spyder Garage

Default thanks all

Decided to try something different first. Got some 1" pipe insulation and cut it to size. This increased the diameter significantly and a soft feel. Gonna get some leather grip covers to lace over this. I'll post back on how well it works

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I do have photos. While had the chrome Kuryakyn's on my Nomad and my Roadstar, I opted for the black grips on my F3 and my previous GS...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Right grip

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Sorry, I have trying to upload the photos but they go to 95% and then they stop... unknown error.. will try to send later..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    i installed these original grip buddies on my f3 love them doesnt effect the heat

I have found that the seam in the Grip Buddies is very annoying to me, i use the foam ones from Spyderpops ($14.00) and they work and feel great.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Default Grip Size?

Couple questions....first, what size Kury grip do I need to get? Do I install it over the existing grip, if so would the 1" fit? Second, has anyone tried the Krator grips which look like Kury knockoffs?

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Get the ones for the heated grips on a Goldwing 1800.All years are the same. They clamshell mount over the stock grips.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks
    Did not have to modify anything, just removed the original grips, used dish soap as a lubricant to work the Kuryakyn grips on to the bars, then put the end caps on.

Spyder Garage

I have these on my GS, same grip size as the ST.

http://www.beemerboneyard.com/foamgripcvrs.html

Heat transfer is a non-issue, and the make the grip larger and more comfortable.
    Jim

2013 ST-S (wife's)
    2015 BMW R1200GS (mine)
    1981 Yamaha XS400 Scrambler Custom (mine)