Spyder Garage

Default BRP / Cyclops Gear CGX2 action camera ???

I saw/found the posting back in November 2015 from Lamont on the Cyclops Gear CGX2 action camera but I have not seen anything since then or I missed it in the search.
    Just checking to see if anyone else has used it yet? What is your opinion of it? I like the price point.

2014 RT S Cognac
    Spyderpops skidplate and belt guard. Squared Away Alignment. Bajaron Sway Bar. Show Chrome Smart Mount Large Backrest. BRP Adjustable Air Deflectors. Hopnel net and saddle bag liners. Lamonster NBV Highway Bracket - Trident Large Foot Peg. Rivco Cup Holder Mount & Kruzer Kaddy Kustom Kaddy Drink Holder - Leather. Tricled saddlebag, fender side & rear, 3rd & 4th brake light, and mirror turn signal LED's.

Spyder Garage

Default Bump

Bumping this one time.

2014 RT S Cognac
    Spyderpops skidplate and belt guard. Squared Away Alignment. Bajaron Sway Bar. Show Chrome Smart Mount Large Backrest. BRP Adjustable Air Deflectors. Hopnel net and saddle bag liners. Lamonster NBV Highway Bracket - Trident Large Foot Peg. Rivco Cup Holder Mount & Kruzer Kaddy Kustom Kaddy Drink Holder - Leather. Tricled saddlebag, fender side & rear, 3rd & 4th brake light, and mirror turn signal LED's.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger1759 View Post
    I saw/found the posting back in November 2015 from Lamont on the Cyclops Gear CGX2 action camera but I have not seen anything since then or I missed it in the search.
    Just checking to see if anyone else has used it yet? What is your opinion of it? I like the price point.

The dealership (Sierra Cycles) that sponsors our Spyder group presented me with one last weekend. I have only been able to play with it at home and haven't had a chance to take it out for a test ryde yet. But it comes with enough attachments to mount it about anywhere. There is also the wrist band remote control that I really like so I can stop and start the video or take pictures when I want. So far I really like the quality of the pictures/video and it picks up sound real well. I haven't had any experience with other types of cameras so I don't know if the attachments and remote are kind of a standard that come with them or not. Cindy

2016 F3-L Special Series Triple Black
    August 25, 2016

2014 ST-Limited
    July 2, 2014

"Just going down that long lonesome highway" and now REALLY loving every minute!!

Spyder Garage

Default Camera

Thanks for your input, keep us up to date on your experience.

2014 RT S Cognac

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Just bought the Cyclops this past weekend can't wait to try it out to get some fall colours.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Any updates to this from folks with experience?

I bought mine from someone else on this forum and I've found the instructions on it very spotty. They almost assume you know about using action video cameras like this (e.g. GoPro), so don't provide much information either in the manual or on their website.

I've finally figured out how I'm going to mount it on the dash, shooting through the windshield. I've downloaded the app to my smartphone and that works well for controlling the camera functions, although I'm probably going to be using the remote to start and stop the recording while riding.

It would be nice to have some info like battery life, recording times at various quality and fps settings, how and when to use the 'loop recording' function, etc.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I found a useful YouTube video here

2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Another helpful YouTube

2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My dealer told me that BRP wont be supplying the Cyclops and that I should look at the other CCG the GoPro looking camera instead. I think they failed to check to see if it’s available and wanted me to buy the one they had. I have a 360fly 4K that I will use on the trunk rack.

C5451D6C-1868-4E4F-B2BE-A45917ED58CA.jpg
    Last edited by Flamewinger; 05-17-2018 at 06:16 PM.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    My dealer told me that BRP wont be supplying the Cyclops and that I should look at the other CCG the GoPro looking camera instead. I think they failed to check to see if it’s available and wanted me to buy the one they had. I have a 360fly 4K that I will use on the trunk rack.

C5451D6C-1868-4E4F-B2BE-A45917ED58CA.jpg
    I'm not sure what you are saying. Which one do you have and why mount it on the trunk rack? Just curious. Thanks.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    I'm not sure what you are saying. Which one do you have and why mount it on the trunk rack? Just curious. Thanks.

I dont have either. I wanted to get the a Cyclops buy it seems BRP won’t be selling it so the only option is the CGX3 GoPro lookalike. The 360 camera I use is called the “360fly 4K”. It takes 360 degree image. I figure to put in on the trunk rack so it gets me as well as either side and rear. Can’t figure out where else to mount it.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    I dont have either. I wanted to get the a Cyclops buy it seems BRP won’t be selling it so the only option is the CGX3 GoPro lookalike. The 360 camera I use is called the “360fly 4K”. It takes 360 degree image. I figure to put in on the trunk rack so it gets me as well as either side and rear. Can’t figure out where else to mount it.
    Oh, now I understand. Makes sense. Let us know how that works out.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Default Dash Mount works great

From a couple vendors here you can get the dash mount that mounts to the two screw up on your dash, behind the windshield. They come with three 1" RAm Mount balls. I got a el-cheapo ($45) dash cam from Amazon with rear cam and mounted onto the mounting bar. Works great. Plus the rear camera - low 720P but OK - is insurance if some idiot is on the phone and hits me from behind. Rear cam I used the high quality 3M double sided to stick to the top of the trunk on the lid, so it can see over the trailer if I'm pulling it.

Steve

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevencovert View Post
    From a couple vendors here you can get the dash mount that mounts to the two screw up on your dash, behind the windshield. They come with three 1" RAm Mount balls. I got a el-cheapo ($45) dash cam from Amazon with rear cam and mounted onto the mounting bar. Works great. Plus the rear camera - low 720P but OK - is insurance if some idiot is on the phone and hits me from behind. Rear cam I used the high quality 3M double sided to stick to the top of the trunk on the lid, so it can see over the trailer if I'm pulling it.

Steve
    Yes, that's the way I went about mounting my camera to the front. Thanks for the reminder to post pictures. If I get enough complaints, I'll fix the orientation of the pics...but it will take a note from your chiropractor first

Cyclops mount 1.jpg Cyclops mount 2.jpg Cyclops mount 3.jpg
    Last edited by UtahPete; 05-18-2018 at 03:27 PM.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My GoPro is also mounted to the dash bracket. I used the stick-on slider mount but added a screw through it to one of the threaded holes just in case. The 360fly I’ll try mounting to the trunk rack. Use it for special occasions. (Like tomorrow)

6304AD1B-E3CF-4E82-95B1-500757DCD128.jpg A64AC5E9-A6D8-43D7-873E-0A4945337D7A.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red