Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My thoughts for what it's worth. BRP developed the SPYDER in 2008, has come out with several variations of this bike through the years. I have had 3 in that time. I have had to take two of them to the dealer once each. IMO that isn't bad at all. I have bought two new cages in that time and they have been back to the dealer more than the Spyders. I could say a SPYDER should come with this and that from the factory but farkling the bike is fun and gives me some personal satisfaction. They are fun to ride and they bring attention which I like. In owning the SPYDER during this time I have had the opportunity to meet a lot of great people and enjoy this forum and all the characters on it. I mean that in a good way. Buy in confidence. Find a good dealer by touching base with people in your area. Enjoy all the new experiences you will have!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    Guys, I have only been a member of Spyderlovers for a short time. All I read everyday is problems with people's Spyder, such as vibration, poor handling, fumes in gas tank, over heating, burning up due to problems, hot foot on right side, computer problems, etc!
    Does anyone have a Spyder that has been trouble free for several thousands of miles?
    I feel bad after reading all the posting of problems, it makes me want to go buy me a riding motorcycle!
    So if your is trouble free, please post and let me know!
    Thanks
    Someone else asked the same question a week or so ago? I have had a 2010, 2012 and now have a 2014 RT Limited and DID NOT have any problems with any one of them!
    I'm quite sure there are thousands of very satisfied Spyder owners out there. Ride on!
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

2010 RT A&C SE 5- One problem in 5 years and 37,700 miles; had to replace the throttle-body (BRP covered) and-almost forgot-the windscreen lower mount broke (outa my pocket). Most happy, but will be joining the 1330 club in February.
    Last edited by Kraut; 09-18-2016 at 03:39 PM.
    Kraut “Not all who wander are lost” – J.R.R. Tolkien

Spyder Garage

Default 2014 RTS

My 2014 RTS has been running like a champ! 18,200 miles so far. Taking it in for my second service in about 800 miles.

Spyder Garage

Default Trouble

My 2014 RTS ha 12, 000 trouble free miles.

Spyder Garage

Default Still Smiling

2014 RTL with 2 small warranty things, 36000km in 18 months and smiling all the way!
    More since my BajaRon sway bar install.👍🏻😍
    2020 RTL - Petrol Blue Metalic / Black, dark model.
    Colour match rear tail cover, Garmin GPS.
    Heated Ultra Comfort driver seat & backrest.
    LED headlamps, LED Front corner lamps and lower front LED lamp.
    Baja Ron sway bar.
    Ride Til You Rot!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

54,500 miles on two Spyders, no untoward problems, just normal little glitches that are to be expected on man-made things.

To the OP: your plaint seems to be that it's this Forum that's alarming you, not the machine itself?
    Consider: the primary purpose of this Forum is to report and seek solutions to Problems!

It's totally unnecessary for happy owners to "seek solutions" for their happiness with the product. Hey?

(I know this has been alluded to many times. I just wanted to place a more specific emphasis on it. Ya gotta read the problem!)
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Have had our 2014 RTL for 5,000 miles; no problems. I used to ride a Goldwing. If you read on their forum, you will get the same feeling that every bike has issues. Well, have you heard the expression, "the squeaky wheel gets the most grease." People that have problems(sometimes self-inflicted) will make the most noise about them, and it just appears that more bikes have problems than actually do. I think the responses to this thread confirms what I mean. Just ride it!
    2014 RT Limited , Stock Cognac

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Almost 40,000

Just under 40,000 miles on two spyders since August '13...routine maintenance!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.