-Fratz

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Beautiful ride.......enjoy!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default You may ....

Quote Originally Posted by GearHd View Post
    Maybe we'll see you on the road sometime. We're east of Uconn.
    I typically wear a yellow helmet on the motorcycles. Both the F6 and the HD have intense highly visible yellow running / fog lights, too. I'm kinda hard to miss .... hopefully.

Plan on riding the F3 Friday afternoon and this weekend. And, hope to get the VIN verified soon, too.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Installed ...

Got home a bit early, so decided to see how hard it would be to install the 28" tinted F4 windscreen.

Read the directions a couple times and dug in. Not too bad. Pretty much straight forward after I found that I needed to stretch the front mounting bracket a bit to get it in position. No biggie. Install went forward with my "Asian tools".

Had the screen on the lowest position and rode up and down the driveway (again ...) several times. I was looking over the top a bit, wind in my hair (no helmet). Much better than no screen for sure. One thing I did notice that others have posted about ... exhaust smell. I was only going 20 mph. Changed the position to the most up right position ... seemed better. But, that's not a good thing. One does not need to be smelling exhaust fumes the entire time one is riding?

Odd ...

Also, installed the foam grip dealies. Now, I have a use for hand sanitizer. Finally ! If you do this, apply a crap load of sanitizer to both the stocker grips and the inside of the foam guys. Lots is better than not enough. I typically install these on all my bikes. I like the softer / larger grips.

Sooooo .... manana, I'm going to tackle Lamont's RIP boards (butane torch arrived yesterday), and the Ultimate backrest. I may go riding first !

Spyder Garage

hahahhaa o kay , be honest here ! how many times have you polished dirt and or dust off already ? gotta get carpet for it too rest on ! good luck and have great rides !

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Having some fun here ... !

So, after lunch, I removed the seats and installed the Ultimate backrest. A tiny bit of angst in replacing the rider saddle ... seems no one really designs saddles to be easily removed and replaced. Dunno why.

Anyway, the install was all good. Decided to take the bike out for a ride instead of installing the RIP boards. Riding is always better.

125 miles later .... well, I like this machine. I've pretty much stopped the "twitchy" sensation that seems to be the result of over correcting minor bike movements. i chose some roads with some nice curves and could eventually take them at ~10 over posted. I'm not completely comfortable, but figure another couple hundred miles or so and I will.

Had a full face helmet on, and did not smell the exhaust much. Especially when I moved the 28" F4 windscreen to the most forward position to cut down on wind noise. Nice option, too. I think I could have a bit taller shield ... and that would give me more adjustability.

***** I do have something that maybe someone can help me with. My throttle has about 1/2 inch of play in it. Slack. How can I adjust this to something like 1/8" or so? This is just toooooo much play.

Spyder Garage

go the riding season is short in New England. Go enjoy it! Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights
    Marinco 12Volt Power Receptacle with polarized leads & slide lock
    Show chrome Trunk Shock

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue