Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Default GPS- Voice command not being heard through speakers on the Spyder with the audio down

I have a 2015 RT LTD with the Zumo 590 Garmin GPS that came with the Spyder.

When driving the GPS will give the turning instructions through the speakers on the bike. I have the GPS volume setting set at 100%. However if I don't want to listen to the radio or Ipod through the Spyder speakers, I need to turn the Spyder audio volume right down. By doing this it will now prevent the GPS from giving the turning instructions through the speakers on the Spyder.

So how do you prevent the radio or Ipod from playing tunes but able to keep the GPS active through the speakers on the bike ?

Thanks for any input you are able to provide.
    Last edited by spydertrike; 08-24-2016 at 06:27 AM.

Spyder Garage

I don't use the speakers on my Spyder at all so can't answer but since your system is OEM take it to the dealer and tell them to explain how to work it the way you want it to perform. You're still on their nickel.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Set your bike radio to AUX and don't plug in your iPod. That way you will only hear the GPS.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 08-24-2016 at 11:58 AM.

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydertrike View Post
    I have a 2015 RT LTD with the Zumo 590 Garmin GPS that came with the Spyder.

When driving the GPS will give the turning instructions through the speakers on the bike. I have the GPS volume setting set at 100%. However if I don't want to listen to the radio or Ipod through the Spyder speakers, I need to turn the Spyder audio volume right down. By doing this it will now prevent the GPS from giving the turning instructions through the speakers on the Spyder.

So how do you prevent the radio or Ipod from playing tunes but able to keep the GPS active through the speakers on the bike ?

Thanks for any input you are able to provide.
    The system is designed to do what you want it to do. This works for me - your results may vary.

Once you have the GPS set up and hearing voice commands and have the radio playing, push the Mode button once to go to the Audio screen. From that screen, depress and HOLD the down button - don't tap it down. After about a second the radio will mute, but the audio from the GPS should remain available at that previous system volume setting. Supposedly, this should work from the main display screen, but I find that it is more consistent from the Audio screen. In the event that you stop for awhile and everything shuts down, you have to set it up again.

If the Zumo 590 has a built in Media Player (MP3 player) on it like our 660 does, then you can keep a short little music clip on the GPS and test play it using the GPS's media player to confirm the audio is coming through. If that's the case, just ensure that the Media volume in the Volume Mixer is also at 100%.

Personally, never tried the suggestion from the above poster, but that sounds like a good idea that I'm going to check out, too, since we don't use an iPod.
    Last edited by Snowbelt Spyder; 08-24-2016 at 09:20 AM.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, RLS CD w/ baffle, P238

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Check your audio setting in Nav. Page 41 in the user manual. I had to set mine and when I don't use my sena's the sound comes out through the speakers.

Spyder Garage

It's way easier than the instructions in previous posts. Don't turn the volume down. Just press the down button for a second. The radio will mute and the GPS will override at the previous volume.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Inactive User
    Spyder Garage

Thank you all for your information. I have now got the unit working properly