Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Has anybody else noticed that both of the involved parties were young Black men?
    If the Black Lives Matter movement wants to demonstrate: shouldn't they also be on the side of the Officer?
    Had he been the one that was shot: would the level of outrage be the same?

(Sorry to bring up this side of the story, but it seems to point out a huge hypocrisy... )
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Yes we have noticed Bob, but it is not about race any more. This is a politically motivated movement designed to cancel the elections. We just need to see it for what it is.
    Meanwhile at the Whitehouse...crickets

AND since we try to stay out of politics on this forum it would be counter productive to discuss it in depth.
    Last edited by AY4B; 08-15-2016 at 05:33 PM.
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Wow,
    The flooding is looking pretty grim. Much like Katrina
    http://stateofthenation2012.com/?p=46213
    2017 F3 Limited
    2017 F3 Limited , Lamonster Black Dymond brake pedal with brake rod at #5 Pure Magnesium Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Has anybody else noticed that both of the involved parties were young Black men?
    If the Black Lives Matter movement wants to demonstrate: shouldn't they also be on the side of the Officer?

(Sorry to bring up this side of the story, but it seems to point out a huge hypocrisy... )

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

would this be considered black on black crime, where is al sharpton?

Spyder Garage

Default Louisiana Flooding

The flooding began 10 miles west of my home in Washington Parish. There are devastated communities. Denham Springs was hit the hardest. 90% of the homes in this City are under water. I work for the neighboring Electric Cooperative. We were devastated with Katrina. 18,000 poles broken. Demco is the neighboring Co-op. This is their Katrina. We will be sending linemen to help restore power once the water recedes. I have many friends and family that have taken on water. Most have not even been able to see their houses since Friday. Very Sad!!
    And by the way. These areas have never flooded. So this is not an issue of living below sea level. It was over 24 inches of hard rain over a 2 day period.

Spyder Garage

This was pulled right off the Black Lives Matter site. It looks like the answer to your second and third question is NO. They're not there yet. Notice the words 'likely push in the years to come.'

11 Major Misconceptions About the Black Lives Matter Movement

4. "It’s a one-issue movement. Although it is true that much of the protesting to date has been centered on the issue of police brutality, there is a range of issues that movement work will likely push in years to come. One is the issue of our failing system of public education, which is a virtual school-to-prison pipeline for many black youth. Another is the complete dismantling of the prison industrial complex. Many of the movement’s organizers identify as abolitionists, which in the 21st-century context refers to people who want to abolish prisons and end the problem of mass incarceration of black and Latino people. Three other significant issues are problems with safe and affordable housing, issues with food security, and reproductive justice challenges affecting poor women of color and all people needing access to reproductive care. As I frequently like to tell people, this movement in its current iteration is just over a year old. Give it some time to find its footing and its take on all the aforementioned issues. But the conversations are on the table, largely because many of the folks doing on-the-ground organizing came to this work through their organizing work around other issues."

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default "Abolitionists"

Abolish prisons? So what do they suggest doing with the criminals? Oh, wait, racist me, I forgot. There are no criminals, only po' victims of the mean old system. We'll just hug the murderers and rapists, etc. After all, it's the crime victims' fault for owning something worth stealing or for being alive and available.

Of course, prisons used to be just holding places for the people who were hanged for just about any crime. Maybe that's what they want to go back to?????

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbo View Post
    The flooding began 10 miles west of my home in Washington Parish. There are devastated communities. Denham Springs was hit the hardest. 90% of the homes in this City are under water. I work for the neighboring Electric Cooperative. We were devastated with Katrina. 18,000 poles broken. Demco is the neighboring Co-op. This is their Katrina. We will be sending linemen to help restore power once the water recedes. I have many friends and family that have taken on water. Most have not even been able to see their houses since Friday. Very Sad!!
    And by the way. These areas have never flooded. So this is not an issue of living below sea level. It was over 24 inches of hard rain over a 2 day period.
    I have heard on Facebook from 4 Spyder families in LA that have lost everything in the floods. Very, very sad.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ann,
    Is there anything that we can do to help them?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

EYEWITNESS TO LOUISIANA FLOODING- I have YET to see any official vehicle - coast guard boat, police boat - going in there. I'm sure they're out there, but we've been in the midst of this since it started Friday and haven't seen any. Hi Steve,

I saw that someone had mentioned the weather system over Louisiana and Mississippi a few days back on the Q Alerts. Well, that person was right. We have been completely devastated down here, and it doesn't seem to be making national headlines accurately. (Its starting to finally, but you really need to see local coverage.) I find it quite ironic that just last month we made the INTERNATIONAL news for the police shooting and BLM protests. Yes, there were protests, and yes, several police officers were killed, but I guess when the public started wrapping everything standing still with blue ribbons, the news media decided to move on.

Now, we have historic flooding in Baton Rouge, Denham Springs, Watson, Walker, Baker, Hammond, Robert and many, many other cities. 5 parishes are complete disaster areas (that's counties to the rest of the U.S.) And yet our family in other states has had no idea what is going on. 20,000 have been rescued, 10,000 are in shelters, and that doesn't include the ones that CAN'T get reached yet. Many places under water have never flooded before; they're not even in the 100 year flood plane. 90% of the city of Denham Springs is under water, just to give an example. That is where my family lives. AT&T phones were down since Saturday and we're just getting service back, but its spotty. We've got a Cajun "navy" of volunteers who are trying to put boats in to help. Many have been able to, but a majority have been stopped (including us) by authorities. They say its too dangerous and several boats have already sunk due to currents. However, when you see video feeds of the event (which have played 24/7 for us) I have YET to see any official vehicle - coast guard boat, police boat - going in there. I'm sure they're out there, but we've been in the midst of this since it started Friday and haven't seen any.

Words cannot describe the devastation and how bad this is. I couldn't get to my own brother and his pregnant wife, stranded on the second floor of an apartment complex with no water or electricity, surrounded by water 5 feet deep in the bottom apartment, phone lines down, and no one would let us put a boat in to rescue them. Everywhere there was a passable road to try to get close (there were only 3 options) we tried, but officials stopped us. Finally heard from them late last night and they're ok, thank you JESUS! However, we're still waiting for water to go down enough to be able to get them.

Also, I find it very interesting that we saw military vehicles heading toward Baton Rouge from the Mississippi Gulf Coast area just last week. There were 20 - 25 on Saturday August 7th, and before that there were some on Tuesday August 2 headed this way. Now, this immediately concerned me because its hurricane season. Why the hell weren't they headed east toward Florida? Nope. Going toward Baton Rouge. And yet now that we're in crisis, I have only seen a few on the streets, but they're always empty, no rescued flood victims, just a couple military people.

Oh, and as for volunteering at shelters, Red Cross of course has taken that over and its the same as Katrina. They just want your money. People are being turned away with giant pots of jambalaya and red beans and rice at some locations. They just repeatedly ask for $10 donations. Then you go to churches and drop off donations and they gladly take it. However, in some cases, people are being turned away because they are "for members only." Park View Baptist in Baton Rouge turned away a woman and her two children that had WALKED there after their home had flooded and then their car finally stalled out trying to make it to higher ground. Why? Because they weren't members. Right in front of my friend who had just unloaded her truck of supplies to them. (We have since heard that they decided to change this policy. However, at this time they are not listed as an open shelter for the BR area). We had the same thing happen to us at a different church, so we just dropped off cases of waters to everyone outside waiting for buses to take them to another location. On a positive note, some churches really are stepping up. Live Oak Methodist church in Denham Springs has opened their doors to people AND their pets. They're website is http://www.loumc.org/ if you are able to or wish to help in some way.

Sorry for the length, but we've finally got some communication up and I wanted to let people know what's going on here. There's just too much irony and coincidence for the rest of the states not to know about the suffering here. If this is just a small glimpse of what the American Apocalypse would look like, it is frightening.

For local news on this: http://www.wafb.com/
    For live coverage while its still running: http://www.wafb.com/story/32767065/w...toric-flooding
    For aerial views: http://www.wafb.com/story/32768154/v...nttype=generic
    Aug 16, 2016
    2017 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage