Thread: F3T test report

Spyder Garage

Default F3T test report

OK a couple things, I don't own a spyder and never have but I am in a position to claim to be an expert in RT's. I may also be somewhat bias as the spyder could be a viewed competitor in my line of work.

I had a fellow swing by with his F3T and asked if I would take it for a run and offer my opinion. Well I rode for a bit and being a veteran RT rider I began by lifting the wheels in corners and pushing it down the straights. I have to admit I was impressed. The handling was very good, power was almost as good as the GL1800 although not as smooth. Ride was soft and controls all in the right place. I adapted to the foot brake only immediately and that was also OK

Only criticisms, I did not like the forward location of the wind screen and doubt I would ever get used to that. And the steering is too light, I never got a good sense of where I was in the corners as the feedback was pretty dead. I would opt for no power assist and more caster. I also like dual brake control and would prefer hand brake for the front and pedal for the rear but that was not a huge hangup. There was some vibration in the drive belt which we fixed by loosening the belt a bunch and then it was fine at all speeds. The dealer kept tightening the belt which is exactly the wrong thing to do.

In general I would have to admit BRP is going in the right direction with the sport styling and more aerodynamic balance and the F3 is a very nice machine. And trimming back on the VSS is a great move hopefully it will be gone completely in the future. I begrudgingly give it two thumbs up

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gee. Thanks for approving of my ryde!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Alrighty then...

Not sure where you fit in on the scheme of things...but always good to get a review of a test ryde.
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Curious to know how you can call yourself an expert on RT's when you have never owned one? Thats like a single guy giving marriage advice.

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Ok

Now that you have given it a two. I guess I don't have to sell mine now!Whew, thank goodness.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Pass the salt please.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam and Pebbles View Post
    Curious to know how you can call yourself an expert on RT's when you have never owned one? Thats like a single guy giving marriage advice.
    I design and engineer RT's for a living. My purpose was simply to say how far BRP has come since 2008. Tough crowd

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I design and engineer RT's for a living. My purpose was simply to say how far BRP has come since 2008. Tough crowd
    I take it by your use of RT's above, you mean 'Reverse Trike's', & not specifically BRP's RT model Spyder - Roadster Touring, in the way that most readers & posters here would?!?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    My bad if you meant Reverse Trikes like Peter said. You can understand my confusion.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bam Bam and Pebbles View Post
    My bad if you meant Reverse Trikes like Peter said. You can understand my confusion.
    Me, too.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sorry: I've got to call it as I see it.

B.S. Meter.jpg

If you feel the need to comment about OUR chosen rides: show us some of what you've been busy being "an expert" at...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Lets see, some guy that hobbles together home brew trike kits comes on a forum for the only factory built reverse trike and condemns it for the advancements in design that he is incapable of producing on his kit bikes.

Me thinks he had one thing in mind and it was not appreciation for the design work that is beyond his capabilities.

Really? you are going to complain about the brakes and stability control? Perhaps you should go practice your buggy whip casting.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame