Spyder Garage

Default Who has a Garmin 590 on their F3?

If you do, would you mind taking some pictures of the way it's installed. Also, what pieces and parts are needed to mount it in the center of the handlebars like on the RT's.

We just learned today that BRP does not make a mount for the 660 (F3) so it's on to plan B.

Thanks,
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Default gps

The wife and sister in law on F3S use the Can Am garmin 590 with the lamonster center mount. I will be using the BRP center mount with the garmin 590 on a F3T. Already have the mount just need to get the bike next month.

Spyder Garage

Default ditto for me

Quote Originally Posted by gvcntx View Post
    The wife and sister in law on F3S use the Can Am garmin 590 with the lamonster center mount. I will be using the BRP center mount with the garmin 590 on a F3T. Already have the mount just need to get the bike next month.
    I believe you can find pictures of the center mount on the lamontergarage website. It does block my view of the lower part of the instruments (time/mileage, etc.) but that's solved my leaning forward if I need to check something.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    If you do, would you mind taking some pictures of the way it's installed. Also, what pieces and parts are needed to mount it in the center of the handlebars like on the RT's.

We just learned today that BRP does not make a mount for the 660 (F3) so it's on to plan B.

Thanks,
    I have the zumo 590 with the BRP mount in the middle of the handle bars and I love it!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Beejay; 07-19-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks,
    Lamont sells a center mount that the Garmin 660 will mount to directly. I have the Garmin that comes with the Sirius/XM option mounted on my F3L. Mount is almost identical with the one that came on my 2014 RTL. All wiring runs through the gap under handle bar mount. I wired directly to battery for instant on.
    Rick

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Beejay View Post
    I have the zumo 590 with the BRP mount in the middle of the handle bars and I love it!
    Do you have a part number for the mount? Is that two pieces?
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage
    Last edited by Mikind7; 07-20-2016 at 12:08 PM.

Spyder Garage

Thanks
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Do you have a part number for the mount? Is that two pieces?
    The BRP not number#219400681 it's the mount with complete wiring harness cost around $250. It replaces the top portion of the handlebar mount with a swivel mount for the gps