Thread: My perspective

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default My perspective

I have had my spyder for 2 months and absolutely am enjoying this.
    I have been on 2 wheels for over 50 years and sold a GL1800 to get my RTS.
    I've gotten so used to it that while driving home last night in the cage (Rainy day)
    my left thumb went to shift and then control the volume and after all that realizing what i was doing i did it again by trying to change the radio station.
    I'm still learning the twisty's which hand to push and which to pull with, but as i run through them more i'll get better.

I cant wait to meet up with some other Spyder's to go for a ryde, This machine is absolutely a Blast.
    Last edited by CapeSpyder; 07-15-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default I am in total agreement with your perspective

I have almost the same setup except I have the 2016 RT Limited. I had the Tri-Axis bars installed as part of the purchase but did the BahaRon bar, Bumpskid, Corbin Armrests, and a Bluetooth option myself.

You are right - it is a lot of fun to drive. But it is also so much more "convenient" than the 2-wheels I have ridden over the past decades. I say that because 90% of my riding has been (and will continue to be) 2-up with luggage and we were always marathoning to get somewhere fast to optimize our time at the destination. Now we are taking our time and enjoying the journey more - stopping to read the historical markers, less freeway - more 2-lane - just having a lot more fun. The Spyder is so easy to climb-on, easy to get off, also perfect for gravel parking or pavement, inclined or not, doesn't matter.

Our last ride a BMW K1600 GTL had some nice features I hope the Spyder eventually gets...Keyless ride, locking GPS, autolock of Trunk and side bags, built-in Tire pressure monitors, in-line 6 (ok, just kidding - probably won't see that one), etc. After having those features I do miss them - but not a big deal.

We have only had it 3 weeks but took it on its maiden voyage to Black Hills this last week so just short of 1500 miles on it now. Runs perfectly.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have been spydering for going on 6 years and it just keeps getting better.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default So nice....

And the beauty of it is it always gets better, more fun, and the drive home gets longer....
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Most of us like our 's. The ryde has been good for me so far.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I am on my 4th Spyder 2012 RTL, 2013 RT, 2014 RTS, 2015 RTL. and other than a few minor issues I am overall happy with my spyder and enjoying it year round and between the 4 of them, i now have close to 80,000 Spyder Miles under my belt.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Six Seasons of riding fun, and with everything that you've said.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Good Perspective, Keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by CapeSpyder View Post
    I have no had my spyder for 2 months and absolutely am enjoying this.
    I have been on 2 wheels for over 50 years and sold a GL1800 to get my RTS.
    I've gotten so used to it that while driving home last night in the cage (Rainy day)
    my left thumb went to shift and trhen control the volume and after all that realizing what i was doing i did it again by trying to change the radio station.
    I'm still learning the twisty's which hand to push and which to pull with, but has i run through them more i'll get better.

I cant wait to meet up with some other Spyder's to go for a ryde, This machine is absolutely a Blast.

Good to see some enthusiastic riders besides myself, and most are enthusiastic. I'm so up on my first SPYDER a 2008 GS that I traded it in yesterday on a 2015 RS. Newer, more features, smoother/quieter, more upright seating posture. I was happy before and happier now.
    Good luck on finding company to ride with, lot's of SPYDERs in your area!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

CapeSpyder
    What you need to do is get out of that summer long traffic jam and come up here to the Berkshires where we have almost vehicle free decent back roads and all the twisty's you will ever need to practice on

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lastchance View Post
    CapeSpyder
    What you need to do is get out of that summer long traffic jam and come up here to the Berkshires where we have almost vehicle free decent back roads and all the twisty's you will ever need to practice on
    Sounds like fun will have to try that on my next set of days off

Sent From my Note 5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

After owning the '08 GS for 4 years and then later on buying the '15 F-3(3 year span with just my Road Glide, which i will NEVER sell) I can say that I have been very happy with the . Just can not give up riding two wheels.
    Only problem is my Harley buddies think I am nuts.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default It's a Blast

Same here. I've had my 2015 RT for about a month and about 1,000 mi later it's a blast.!!!

Cape Spyder, PM me if you want to get together for a ride. I'm often available during the week if that helps scheduling a get together.

Steve

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Uruzgan View Post
    Same here. I've had my 2015 RT for about a month and about 1,000 mi later it's a blast.!!!

Cape Spyder, PM me if you want to get together for a ride. I'm often available during the week if that helps scheduling a get together.

Steve
    Will do I have weekdays as well they change week to week so

Spyder Garage

Default Gona get rid of mine

As soon as I can ...... Afford to .... I'm sell ( or trade) my 08 GS for 2015 or up ( likely RTS) . But for now I'm not getting off of it unless there's snow on the ground

Spyder Garage

I agree. My Spyder turned one year old yesterday. I love it more every day. I just added the bump skid two weeks ago!! It has really put the fun back in riding for me. I also feel a lot safer than on my two wheeler!!