Spyder Garage

Default BRP extended warranty

I purchase my used 2011 RT last March. The BRP extended warranty runs out the end of August 2016. Should I have transferred ownership when I purchased the spyder to be able to use it? I have a transmission problem and I'd hope the Warranty will cover it.
    Thoughts?

Thanks
    Rich

Spyder Garage

The warranty stays with the bike. You should be good.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

But you do need to have it transfered to you to avoid problems.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Yes, you will need to have that transfered. I just bought a 2010 RT, and the previous owner had an extended warranty through the dealership (Cowtown), and we are currently dealing with the transfer. If it is same one that is sold by all Can Am dealers, you will have to have the original owner of the warranty request a warranty transfer form from the warranty company (this one is in GA), he will have to fill it out and send it to you with a bill of sale showing the sale of his bike to you, with his signature. Then he has to send those 2 forms (reciept & warranty transfer form) to you. You will have to fill out the rest of the warranty form and add your name to the reciept. You will then take both of those & a $50 transfer fee, and send it to the warranty company. BUT, I was told all of this has to be done within 30 days of the sale of the bike to you from the previous owner.
    If you boght it more than 30 days ago you may have a big problem. I would call the company that handles the warranty, or the person that you bought it from. This is the outfit that I am dealing with:
    Intersate National Dealer Services, Inc.
    6120 Powers Ferry Rd. NW Suite 200,
    Atlant, GA. 30339
    877-777-6596

Good luck, hope everything works out.
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White
    2010 Can Am Spyder RT - Full Moon

Spyder Garage

Default Interesting

I just called BRP, and they are sending the info that I need to do to transfer this over to my name through email. They never mentioned any of that stuff you are doing to get it transferred and she said if I have work done to the machine and it hasn't been done that the dealer can do a transfer then.

hmmmm. I hope it's not that painful to transfer.

Rich

Spyder Garage

Wish mine had been done that easily. Previous owner had to go to dealership for me, and get all this rolling. But this is what I have to do.
    Hope you have it easier than me.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rworell View Post
    I just called BRP, and they are sending the info that I need to do to transfer this over to my name through email. They never mentioned any of that stuff you are doing to get it transferred and she said if I have work done to the machine and it hasn't been done that the dealer can do a transfer then.

hmmmm. I hope it's not that painful to transfer.

Rich
    I think your experience is the normal one with the BEST warranty. When I bought a used Soyder in 2010 all I did was fill out the card at the back of the owners manual and mail it in.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When my friend bought a used ST from a private owner the local Spyder dealer handled the transfer of the warranty. Easy pasy

Spyder Garage

Walk into any Spyder dealer with proof of ownership (title). In less than ten minutes the warranty and BRP's ownership record is changed into your name. A month later you will receive a new warranty card in the mail. Done.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Are all the warranties everyone talking about, through the same outfit that I mentioned in a previous post.? This is what the dealer in Ft.Worth also told the previous owner this is what had to be done. Don't know why mine
    is such a laborous chore. It is Cowtown Powersports in Fr.Worth Tx.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveandBelinda View Post
    Are all the warranties everyone talking about, through the same outfit that I mentioned in a previous post.? This is what the dealer in Ft.Worth also told the previous owner this is what had to be done. Don't know why mine
    is such a laborous chore. It is Cowtown Powersports in Fr.Worth Tx.
    No. The warranties most everyone has come directly from BRP. That's the BEST (TM) warranty. Yours is from a third party insurance outfit of some sort. Probably the dealer made more profit selling it than the BEST warranty.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    No. The warranties most everyone has come directly from BRP. That's the BEST (TM) warranty. Yours is from a third party insurance outfit of some sort. Probably the dealer made more profit selling it than the BEST warranty.
    Sadly, dealers in FL cannot sell the B.E.S.T. warranties. I got mine with a phone call to Pit Bull in Springfield.