Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Question Who rides their F3-S without a windshield?

Hi all! I have yet to find a windshield for my F3-S that doesn't buffet the top of my helmet. I've had the Can-Am Blue Ridge, which I like the looks of, but buffets the hell out of my head. I ordered a Cal-Sci, sized to their specs for flowing the air over top of my head, but...it didn't...it also pounded the top of my helmet. So...right now, I'm riding with no windshield at all. I rode for 6 hours the other day, a lot of it at highway speeds, and it wasn't too bad...just some whistling in my helmet (which can be fixed). Just wondering how many other F3-S owners ride without a windshield, and what are your impressions?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We have an F3 rider here in Las Vegas that doesn't have a windshield. It is his first motorcycle so he doesn't know any different.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have done it for a few weeks while working on my headlights. Fun as he"ll but put the shield back on for comfort.

Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default here

Hi I have only the "spoiler" and I did drive like this already for 19.000km... yes it is sometimes pain in the ass, but for me the look is everything.. that is why i dont have back rest for driver, foot pegs etc..
    still too young for those things and stupid )))
    Attached Images Attached Images

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I ride without windshield and no probs for me

Spyder Garage

I ride with a BR but did test drive without a windshield seemed fine... Just liked the look of a windshield..
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 13Spyder View Post
    Hi all! I have yet to find a windshield for my F3-S that doesn't buffet the top of my helmet. I've had the Can-Am Blue Ridge, which I like the looks of, but buffets the hell out of my head. I ordered a Cal-Sci, sized to their specs for flowing the air over top of my head, but...it didn't...it also pounded the top of my helmet. So...right now, I'm riding with no windshield at all. I rode for 6 hours the other day, a lot of it at highway speeds, and it wasn't too bad...just some whistling in my helmet (which can be fixed). Just wondering how many other F3-S owners ride without a windshield, and what are your impressions?
    no windshield for me. Don't like the look of em. I ride with a full face helmet so not so bad. You're on a bike...supposed to feel some wind!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 13Spyder View Post
    I ride with just the spoiler. I tried a F4, Route 129, Blue Ridge, and Gustafsson. I had too much noise or buffeting with all of them. I have a Schuberth C3 Pro helmet and it's quiter with smooth air.
    The key for me to handling no windshield is the drivers backrest. I don't get fatigued trying to hang on with the wind against my body. I do have to put up with the bugs and cold air though.
    2020 RT Limited
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

There are a lot of variables when it comes to wind shield design and function.
    This is why people have different feedback on the same shields.

Buffeting is turbulent air.

In all my research and testing, either go small for clean air at the helmet or go big.
    Typically a shield that has a split design is going to help the most because it can act bigger than it is.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My helmet is a N104 Nolan. Riding without a windshield into triple digits causes one's head to catch a lot of torque if you turn too much. Look ahead and use the mirrors.

Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks to all for your responses. I believe for now I will continue to ride without a windshield...I just got the gauge spoiler, and I also have a backrest, which does make a difference! So far, so good! Thanks again!

Spyder Garage

Default F4

From what I can tell, the F4 with Baker brackets is the most complimented. Shield should be at nose level.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It seems that the "F7" combination is magic!
    (F3+F4)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I use the Blue Ridge with the X-creen tour angled upward and the air goes over my head BUT I can see the road about 30 Feet ahead of me which is nice. Its the best of both worlds- Good vision without looking thru a windshield-adjustability-and it looks fine to me.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!