Thread: Belt Tensioner

Spyder Garage

Default Belt Tensioner

I would like to know how effective a Belt Tensioner is if I put one on my 2015 RT. This is my second RT and I know that there is always some vibration with that length of belt. After my 3000 mile service the belt tension has been change and the vibration is much worse. I going to take it back to get it corrected. I would like to know what experience anyone has had with the Smoothspyder Belt Tensiloner.
    Richard

2015 RTS Special Series Intense Red Pearl/Steel Black Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

IMO it helped me.

Spyder Garage

Made a huge difference for me. Really knocks down the belt vibration.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Smooth Spyder

Big improvement. You can still feel "something" at the right speed but it's way better. Drive at any speed you want with it..

Spyder Garage

Just had one installed a few weeks ago; there's still a slight vibration, but it's more evened out. I like it this way more than the stronger vibration at the higher speeds.

Spyder Garage

I had one on my 2013 RT Limited and installed it on my 2014 RT Limited when I bought it. It helped quite a bit and I never had a problem. I sold it to a member on here and now it's on a 2016 RT Limited.

I say buy one, you won't be disappointed.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk