Spyder Garage

Default throttle body code

Update on all my running lean codes. Spyder has been in the shop 6 times so far this season for running lean, lots of parts have been changed to no avail. Spyder runs perfect etc ., etc.. Now the dealer says the throttle body needs replaced .I have not had any codes other than lean bank codes and no limp modes. Seems to me that if throttle body is bad it would show a code ? Supposedly the dealer has been talking to BRP and told me they started a case file for tracking the problem. Sure glad my warranty has been paying for the parts however the not getting any riding in is a PIA and wife hates the yellow screen and won't take any trips .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Bummer...

Hope they get a handle on the problem. Seems a lot of visits for the same issue. Is this all with the same dealer..?? maybe with a case file you will be back on the road soon...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Default Throttle Body

Have the same problem. I have a 2011 RT-S with 21,000 miles. Ran great until March 2016, took to shop, they kept for two months, guessing what the problem was. Finally, they desided to call BRP and let them know what was going on, BRP said it was the Throttle Body, they (BRP) would pay for new throttle bodies (because they were replaced back in April 2014), but would not pay for the labor? Hopefully my Best-Warranty will kick in. I am still waiting on the shop to get my Spyder back on the road (going on 5 months) in the shop. Good luck to me.

Spyder Garage

Default Best warranty

So far my BEST warranty has covered everything except for the $50 deductible so that at least makes me a happy camper . Plan on biting the bullet and extending it again if I can because it will pay for itself in a hurry if the problems don't quit popping up like they have in the past .

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When the throttle body starts acting up; you'll often see:
    P1614
    This is the one that sort of says that the throttle body isn't setting itself back to a repeatable idle position.

You can also see:
    P2620
    This is actually one for the throttle position sensor. The computer can't tell how far you've twisted the throttle, so it doesn't know what to tell the throttle bodies to do...
    Last edited by Bob Denman; 06-03-2016 at 01:24 PM.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Buy some Vaseline, it will make the screwing less painful. Your dealer is a crook and or unqualified to touch it.