Spyder Garage

Default Need a BRP customer advocate

Hi all, I've been a member for a long time, but seldom post.

Have had mostly trouble free riding with my 2011 RT Limited with @ 25k miles and still under extended warranty until Aug. 2016.

However, on March 22, I took the spyder in for service, brakes and new back tire. When I left I got my first errors ever, DPS and check engine, and limp mode. Restarted it, rode it home, had dealer pick it up. They checked and tested, reset degrees via computer and test rode it hard. All good. I picked it up, got same DPS error at same place on road that it happened the first time. Road was highway speeds, gentle swooping curve to the right. Took it back.

Dealer then thought it was faulty magnets but could find no part number associated with them. They contacted BRP and were finally sent magnets. Magnets didn't fit. Dealer contacted BRP again, and it took days for BRP to get back to them. Now it seems BRP is sending out a whole replacement DPS unit. It's not here yet.

So far, my spyder has been in the shop for 6 weeks and counting and most of this seems to be with lag on BRP's part of getting back to the dealership in a timely manner and then of course the days of waiting on shipping things.

Isn't this excessive? Shouldn't BRP have known those magnets wouldn't have fit?

I am really exasperated and beyond frustrated.

Do I need to call BRP for some resolution?

Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Last edited by CATastrophe; 04-30-2016 at 09:36 AM. Reason: added question
    2016 RTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default For sure....

You can get in touch with brp and have a case file opened and see if that would speed things up a bit. Sometimes dealers don't push hard enough and your push may help them along. Then again they are not known for having thing in stock . It would certainly be worth a try....
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    You can get in touch with brp and have a case file opened and see if that would speed things up a bit. Sometimes dealers don't push hard enough and your push may help them along. Then again they are not known for having thing in stock . It would certainly be worth a try....
    Agree the right way to go. Hope you get your answers

I wasn't there but I still care!
    POW MIA VETS

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies. My dealer won't open again until Tuesday. I will give them a call and see if the part showed. If not, I guess a call to BRP is in order.
    2016 RTS

Spyder Garage

Good luck let us know how you make out.
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Spyder Garage

So, finally called the dealer. The part is supposed to arrive Friday. If it gets there early enough they will have the bike done by Friday afternoon for us. I'm betting we won't be riding this weekend either. At this point, I don't know if it's even worth a call to BRP since the part has an expected delivery date of Friday.

Why does it take over a week to get a part?
    2016 RTS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CATastrophe View Post
    So, finally called the dealer. The part is supposed to arrive Friday. If it gets there early enough they will have the bike done by Friday afternoon for us. I'm betting we won't be riding this weekend either. At this point, I don't know if it's even worth a call to BRP since the part has an expected delivery date of Friday.

Why does it take over a week to get a part?
    It's not just BRP, all of the motorcycle dealers have this problem. I have friends with brand new BMW motorcycles waiting weeks for a part. Harley riders too. It happens.