Spyder Garage

Cool Build a Base F3 or just buy the F3-T

So I'm really curious of your answers here. I'm in the market for my 4th Spyder. I so miss the RS, but I also had it farkled to the point that I could ride long miles with somewhat comfort. I then upgraded to the RT which is awesome, but I still miss the sporty side of riding the Spyder.

I'm in love with the F3. I really like the looks and set up of the F3-T. Would it make sense cost wise to buy the F3 and aftermarket the Farkle out of it with Corbin side bags, maybe a Shark audio system like Lamont. Add an Aftermarket Shield too.

Thoughts of the experts that are riding these now are greatly appreciated.

Rich

Spyder Garage

Some after markets are better (quality) and cheaper than OEM. Depends on what you want / how much you are willing to spend. Me, I added what I wanted later, opting for a base F3S. OEM windshield and fog lights (wish I could have waited on these) but that was it. Rest of my farkles are from the vendors here on SL. Good luck, and hope you get what you ABSOLUTELY want!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

If you going with the F3 you might wanna do a quick search for the Corbin bags here in the forum...A number of costumers weren't happy with the quality of the bags...

Spyder Garage

My friend is going through a terrible experience with Corbin on a set of bad saddle bags on another type of motorcycle. Here is a thread from this site on the same issue:
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ghlight=corbin

I would absolutely not get bags from them under any circumstances. You can easily search the net and find many similar experiences.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default DIY F-3 T

Hi, well you know my feelings on this.....I'd go base and do your add-ons......." Highwayman 2013 " posted a link recently to some outstanding sidebags and rear cases that look EXACTLY like the ones BRP has the POLICE model equipped with......and only cost approx. $ 175-200.00 for all three......you can by detachable brackets fron " Viking " for cheap also.....Throw a Utopia backrest on it ......and a Shark 600 watt stereo with some JBL 2 OHM speakers, the after-market Hitch form E-bay $ 249.00 and you in for less $700.00 ...instead of $ 5000.00, ..........aftermarket LED's ( for fog/drive lights ) are way less than OEM etc etc etc...........................Mike
    Last edited by BLUEKNIGHT911; 03-09-2016 at 11:16 PM.

Spyder Garage

I have the F3 Limited now. I previously "farkled" a 2015 F3 S. In my opinion it's hard to match the "look" of the integrated saddlebags on the F3 L/T with aftermarket unless you get the Corbin bags which as everyone else has said would be a bad decision with their current quality issues. Having the integrated radio which is ipod compatible is very convenient.
    Rick
    Last edited by stebrock; 03-09-2016 at 04:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default F3T Lamonster review

Lamonster did a review of the F3T. I would check that out and see if it suits your needs. I think he highly recommended it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rworell View Post
    So I'm really curious of your answers here. I'm in the market for my 4th Spyder. I so miss the RS, but I also had it farkled to the point that I could ride long miles with somewhat comfort. I then upgraded to the RT which is awesome, but I still miss the sporty side of riding the Spyder.

I'm in love with the F3. I really like the looks and set up of the F3-T. Would it make sense cost wise to buy the F3 and aftermarket the Farkle out of it with Corbin side bags, maybe a Shark audio system like Lamont. Add an Aftermarket Shield too.

Thoughts of the experts that are riding these now are greatly appreciated.

Rich
    Generally, it is cheaper to buy a package instead of trying to upgrade a base model. Unless, you don't want everything in the package. I would avoid the Corbin bags for now. There are serious issues with quality and customer service concerning bags for the F3.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I don't know about Farkles BUT from someone who traded a 35,000 Mile GS in for a F3- You Will Come to Love it Just make sure they set you up properly as far as Pegs and Bars!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is something that I actually know a whole lot about...
    I took my 2010 RT A&C, and turned it into an RT-S...
    It was a long, expensive ordeal.
    Buy the bike that you want; the way that you want it!
    It'll save you TONS of time, and you'll start out in a better position to enjoy each and every ride.(Rather than thinking about the next Farkling episode...)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

It all depends on what you want and like.
    I personally don't like the dash on the F3T to much like a RT and I traded my RT for a F3 imho.
    I can put my bags on tow a trailer. Get home and in about 5 min have a F3.
    Only reason I got a F3-S was for the color.
    Decide what works for you! Bottom line it's your decision and your ride get on and enjoy.

Spyder Garage

You know what they say about opinions.....

Sounds like you are going to be in F3-T price range regardless on if you go F3 or T. My $.02 says go T and farkle from there.

Good luck!

Spyder Garage

Looked at a new F3T today and do like the looks.......just not enough to give up my F3S. The bags look nice but are not removable like mine are so when I just want to hot rod in less than a minute mine are gone. I also really like my chopped fender so my check book can come out of hiding........at least for now.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

in 2015 the misses and I bought an f3s. little did we know "it was not meant for full time two up riding, it was only for occasional two up riding!" so, if you're going two up, buy the f3t!!!! decision made. if not, then you could do what we did and go f3s and add on the farkles!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

This is amazing advice and so true. Brilliant! Go big or go home!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    This is something that I actually know a whole lot about...
    I took my 2010 RT A&C, and turned it into an RT-S...
    It was a long, expensive ordeal.
    Buy the bike that you want; the way that you want it!
    It'll save you TONS of time, and you'll start out in a better position to enjoy each and every ride.(Rather than thinking about the next Farkling episode...)