Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Shoes and boots are no longer made for different arches, except custom. some are better than most but even the running stores and new balance store will match the shoe to the support you need and then custom insoles, such as superfeet for the arch shape. tried these?

I have plantar fasciitis for 4 yrs now so i have insoles in everything, even my house shoes.

Hope that helps.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Made the decision and took the plunge!

A heart felt THANK YOU for all the comments and suggestions. Many were new leads.

The Hathorn Ranch Packers I bought 10 to 12 years ago from Whites were custom made, i.e., they selected the lasts that most closely fit my foot outline, and so were a perfect fit for width and length. But they never laced up uniformly close which I finally have figured out is because of my high arch. In spite of that they have absolutely been the most comfortable boots I have EVER had on my feet. The thought of getting a pair of boots that would be "oh, so comfortable" in all three dimensions from a company that has a good reputation is just too irresistible! Plus, they're truly American made, not just American assembled!

For a look at who Wesco is and how they operate watch this company promo video.

http://www.wescoboots.com/wesco/video.asp?VT=dvd_&VK=1

If all goes well I will have them in time to wear to Spyderfest!
    Last edited by IdahoMtnSpyder; 02-18-2016 at 10:30 PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    It's time for a rant. This isn't related to the Spyder machines, but to the gear we wear while riding our Spyders. I have wide feet, 8 1/2 EEE, with high arches. Twenty, thirty, forty, years ago I could walk into any well stocked shoe or boot store and pick up a pair of wide shoes/boots that fit reasonably well. Today, no store I have stopped in or called stocks EEE boots. This includes farm supply stores, Red Wing store, and the local Harley dealership. Couple the high arch and I CAN'T FIND ANY BOOTS THAT FIT! I'd like to get myself a pair of motorcycle or engineer boots but the only option I can come up with is custom made. There is scarcity of custom shoe makers in this country! Almost no one build boots in the US any more. A few, like Whites, will custom assemble foreign sourced parts using parts that come closest to fitting your foot outline. Whites, in Spokane, made me a pair of custom fit boots about 12 years ago, but they were lace up. They fit over the top of my foot but the two sides didn't lace up anywhere near close together.

I found one local boot maker who will make a custom fit pair of motorcycle boots. His price is tolerable, $650, but his lead time is six months. I just filled in an order form, but haven't checked out yet, with West Coast Shoe Company for motorcycle boots. Including a rush fee of $125 or delivery in early April, and a couple of minor options, their price is $795 for relatively plain style boots. They will make them to fit based on about a half dozen measurements of each foot. Outfits like Boot Barn offer several choices via online order at around $200 but they probably won't accommodate a high arch. I sent an inquiry for more info to them.

Right now this is how I feel!

Anyone have any suggestions where to look for custom fit motorcycle boots for wide feet? Weinbrenner, makers of Thorogood boots, don't offer EEE width.
    Have you ever heard of BA Mason shoes? You can go online and see what they have. Some boots are up to EEEEE. I have had several Western Boots from them and have been very satisfied. I am waiting on another new pair of Western Waterproof boots EEE.
    Last edited by Dudley; 02-18-2016 at 10:46 PM.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Have you ever heard of BA Mason shoes? You can go online and see what they have. Some boots are up to EEEEE. I have had several Western Boots from them and have been very satisfied. I am waiting on another new pair of Western Waterproof boots EEE.
    See post #11. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...=1#post1092641

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mason shoes are still around?? Wow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Website only. There is no option given for ordering custom fit boots. Almost all of their offerings are lace up. They appear to ignore the motorcycle/engineer boot market altogether. I think they have gone the route of Whites and others where they buy many of the components from China and sew them together in Portland. That way they can claim USA made.

Not sure but they are way better made boots that any product or bi Product of China. IMO>.

well good luck and happy feet

Spyder Garage

Please list the options you chose, and your feelings, after you receive your boots.
    Thanks for all the information.
    Roger
    2014 ST-L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    Please list the options you chose, and your feelings, after you receive your boots.
    Thanks for all the information.
    Roger
    The base boot price is $473. The only extra cost options I went with are composite safety toes ($24), 1/4" lower heel from standard ($17), and 2" shorter than the standard boot height of 11" ($32). There was an additional charge ($99) for custom sizing and $125 for expedited delivery, 6 weeks instead of 12. No cost options are pull straps instead of side straps. They offer a whole bunch of other cost options like boot height up to 20", leather color, thread color, lining & lining color, insert color, buckle styles and colors (they'll even use your buckles!), sole styles, plus others.

Including $25 for shipping the final price is $795. Steep, but all things considered fair. These boots truly will be built for me the way I want them and to fit my feet so they'll be worth it. No shoe/boot retailer offers all these choices! I'm not sure the local boot maker, or the one Murphybrown mentioned, can offer all these choices, even!

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

I have these boots. The straps are very adjustable. You can write them and ask if they would fit.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/c...rator-xc-boots
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    I have these boots. The straps are very adjustable. You can write them and ask if they would fit.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/c...rator-xc-boots
    Just like so many other mass produced boots, no width options offered. Also not genuine leather throughout.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Default 5e feet

A heart felt THANK YOU for all the comments and suggestions. Many were new leads.

The Hathorn Ranch Packers I bought 10 to 12 years ago from Whites were custom made, i.e., they selected the lasts that most closely fit my foot outline, and so were a perfect fit for width and length. But they never laced up uniformly close which I finally have figured out is because of my high arch. In spite of that they have absolutely been the most comfortable boots I have EVER had on my feet. The thought of getting a pair of boots that would be "oh, so comfortable" in all three dimensions from a company that has a good reputation is just too irresistible! Plus, they're truly American made, not just American assembled!

For a look at who Wesco is and how they operate watch this company promo video.

http://www.wescoboots.com/wesco/video.asp?VT=dvd_&VK=1

If all goes well I will have them in time to wear to Spyderfest!
    I have size 11 5e feet. Have very good luck
    With milwaukee boot company. And Propet shoe/boots

Spyder Garage

Try looking at military boot manufacturers.

Here's one 8EEE Gore-Tex boot, found at U.S. Cavalry. I don't know how to address your arch problem, though. A drop-in support?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Baxter View Post
    Try looking at military boot manufacturers.

Here's one 8EEE Gore-Tex boot, found at U.S. Cavalry. I don't know how to address your arch problem, though. A drop-in support?
    Two aspects of that boot make me nix it. I want unlined leather and no laces. The high arch isn't a problem on the underside of my feet, it's how it affects the fit of the boot on the top of my foot.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

Default Wide boots

I have size 11 5E feet. Have great service
    From Footsmart purchasing Propet boots
    Also very good for from milwaukee boot company
    Both company's offer very wide boots with large toebox

Spyder Garage

Default wide feet

i wear a 9.5 EEE

academy sells a bates boot zip side mesh construction i ride in them

i have made a habbit to ask them what they have in wide widths then make them bring all out in my size till i find something that fits

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/bate...dCatid=1195334

says 2 e but they fit my wide feet
    Last edited by Tx web rider; 02-23-2016 at 12:09 AM.

Spyder Garage

I like Zappos. Free shipping each way. Had them ship me 5 pair of boots. Shipped 4 pair back. All at their expense, never left the house. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Take a look at www.wideshoes.com. They carry shoes and boots up to 6E.