Quote Originally Posted by Deecheff View Post
Hi Stewart,

I just read all 14 pages of this post. I too own a 2013 RT-S. I have been reading alot of threads about everthing really. I am so greatful that you took so much time and effort to do ALL of this work yourself and to post everything here for us to share in your journey to a perfect 2013 RT-S. My bike has not been to the shop in two years but is going in this month to the dealer for a tune up and to put the ram air widgets on the bike.

By far the best thread I have read here. To me you have a great tallent to do what you did to your bike. I wish you all the best.

Thank you again for sharing.

Jeffrey.
Thank you Jeffrey. With all of the negativity out there about the 2013 RT, the purpose of this thread was to help others realize the TRUE potential that it had. I have been riding / racing dirt bikes since I was 10 and I've been riding street bikes since I was 20. I'm 47 now, so I have lots of experience with optimizing and squeezing every bit of performance out of more bikes than I can count. The 2013 RT does have some well documented issues, but in my opinion, they are not unmanageable. I chose to not throw the baby out with the bath water. In addition, many of my updates are things that would need to be done with any OEM bike to maximize performance and efficiency. For me, the changes perfected the Spyder and my RT-S runs flawlessly. I am sure that someday I will upgrade to the 1330, but right now, I don't believe that the 1330 is a better machine than what I have achieved with my 2013 RT.