Spyder Garage

Thumbs down F3 rear suspension fault

Up to 2012 we had an adjustable spring tension shock fitted to our Spyders then in 2013 they built the ST and to cut costs BRP opted out of that successful option by fitting a cheaper shock and spring with non adjustable spring tension for when one has a pillion WHY. Then because know one complained they decided to carry on with a much cheaper version as the part number’s don’t match to there best model Spyder to date the F3 series, they have a bigger fuel tank and the rider sits farther back all putting more weight over the rear suspension plus non adjustable WHY.
    Now what I’m trying to say to you all is the main fault with the cracking of the welds is caused by the shock bottoming out so BRP are trying to cover up there stuff up by fitting a strengthing plate on top and hope the problem will go away and every one will go out and buy another shock that is adjustable.
    Well wake up every one BRP know they have a big problem that’s why they have now at least are trying to half pie fix it with the 2016 series Spyders with a heaver spring and trying to con everyone to spend more money and buy one for there 2015.
    NOTE this fix should be at no cost to 2015 F3 owners this fix should come from no other than BRP they sold us a 2015 Spyder that had 2 seats hand grips for a pillion and a back rest you could purchase all so you could ride 2 up at any time but sadly NO AJUSTABLE REAR SHOCK, this is a total back would step all to save them BRP money.

Spyder Garage

Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I agree.. It should be and hope it will be a recall...
    Live, Love, and Ride! God Bless!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Adjusting the rear spring tension on my 2012 RS is a pain in the ass. I can't imagine adjusting every time I rode 2 up, so really a rear adjuster is near pointless once set. Look into adding the manual control airbag if you ride 2 up, especially if your on the heavier side....like me. Inexpensive, easy to adjust, and nearly endless settings for the load your carrying.
    Just because there are two seats and hand grips doesn't mean it's a "one size fits all" setup. Sometimes you have to take things in your own hands to make it work best for you.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Spyder Garage

Thumbs down Bad shock

Also not impressed with the rear shock on my 2015 F3S se6 , only done 6,000 klm. And looking to replace it with a stage 4 ELKA . We should not be burdened with this expense just to make the Spyder acceptable after paying top $$$$ for the F3. Des

Spyder Garage

The new F3-T has air agjustable rear shock pre load.HMMMMMMMMM--May help if its interchangeable.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DrewNJ View Post
    Adjusting the rear spring tension on my 2012 RS is a pain in the ass. I can't imagine adjusting every time I rode 2 up, so really a rear adjuster is near pointless once set. Look into adding the manual control airbag if you ride 2 up, especially if your on the heavier side....like me. Inexpensive, easy to adjust, and nearly endless settings for the load your carrying.
    Just because there are two seats and hand grips doesn't mean it's a "one size fits all" setup. Sometimes you have to take things in your own hands to make it work best for you.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Didn't realize there is a manual control airbag for the 2015 F3 since the swing arm is different!

Spyder Garage

Your 100 % right Bruce

They got away with the heat issue forever . Now this

You know i would be on the phone so fast with BBB make their head spin.
    Not like these machines are 7-8000 dollars.

WTF