Spyder Garage

Default Acrapovic for f3

I am thinking about switching from stock to Acrapovic pipe on my 2015 F3S SE6. I know about 2 brothers but some people are saying that it is too loud and might void the waranty. Acrapovic is expensive but it is a BRP pipe ( warranty concerns). Just wondering if folks that have it could chime in and advise. Is the sound better? is the bike more responsive? ( more torque? ) Is the difference worth the expense?
    Thank you

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Forget it...!!

The warranty part..I am not found of the Two Brothers (some of them ) but have found the Yoshimura R77 pipe quite nice and has a baffle you can add if you find it too loud... Still your choice, youtube has a variety with sound clips you could listen to or ryde with a club and have a listen...
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I was really surprised to see BRP say other pipes void your warranty. I have never heard another manufacturer say that. Either way I am a fan of Akrapovik. They are great quality and give a nice sound without being too loud. You will not see much change in performance but your butt dyno might think so because of the extra sound. Plus now you can get the titanium and carbon fiber which is sweeeeeet!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBwell View Post
    I was really surprised to see BRP say other pipes void your warranty. I have never heard another manufacturer say that. Either way I am a fan of Akrapovik. They are great quality and give a nice sound without being too loud. You will not see much change in performance but your butt dyno might think so because of the extra sound. Plus now you can get the titanium and carbon fiber which is sweeeeeet!!

For me just getting rid of the cat underneith my F3 was all I needed to do sound wise. Any louder and I would find it to loud.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBwell View Post
    Plus now you can get the titanium and carbon fiber which is sweeeeeet!!
    Huh? Only the chrome is available for the F3 or F3s.

Spyder Garage

The Akrapovic that is sold for the 1330 RT also fits the F3, it just needs a little tweak of the shield close to the frame.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2015 F3 , Black with Blue Graphics

Spyder Garage

Didn't know that..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ard View Post
    For me just getting rid of the cat underneith my F3 was all I needed to do sound wise. Any louder and I would find it to loud.

Agree, primary muffler removal and leave the stock secondary muffler in place is plenty loud on the F3 with a nice attitude sound.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Noob here, when you say remove the primary muffler, this would be using a cat bypass pipe?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SmoovOpRatoR View Post
    Noob here, when you say remove the primary muffler, this would be using a cat bypass pipe?
    Yes it would be.

Spyder Garage

According to my Spyder dealer using other brands will not void warranty. I love my HMF on my RS and it made a big difference in power too. I don't like the sound of the Akro and I think the price is thievery.

Spyder Garage

If whatever non BRP farkle you add to your spyder is proven to be the cause or part of the cause of a problem that arises then your warranty can be void, but only for the issue caused by the non BRP farkle.