Thread: Newbie Mistakes

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Newbie Mistakes

So I registered my F3 Mon. it was cold and windy and with no windshield I didn't go far Tue. same weather same thing, today mid 60s sunshine no wind great test time, first nice ride much smoother than my bikes, has plenty of getup and go and I just came off a 1900cc Raider, smooth shift, turn signals turn off like a car, tested cruise works great, after a few jerky turns I got that down to smooth turns, now I did go for that front break about 10 times that wasn't there, I'll get over that in time, did get up to 80 on a short straight in 5th went nice, felt the belt vib about 50 - 55 not bad just noticeable, so when I got home I looked it on on here and that's when I realized I never got it into 6th, after driving a 5 speed for years I forgot I had one more, will check it out tomorrow. so other than the brake and no 6th it was a great ride, windshield will be her Monday.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lastchance View Post
    So I registered my F3 Mon. it was cold and windy and with no windshield I didn't go far Tue. same weather same thing, today mid 60s sunshine no wind great test time, first nice ride much smoother than my bikes, has plenty of getup and go and I just came off a 1900cc Raider, smooth shift, turn signals turn off like a car, tested cruise works great, after a few jerky turns I got that down to smooth turns, now I did go for that front break about 10 times that wasn't there, I'll get over that in time, did get up to 80 on a short straight in 5th went nice, felt the belt vib about 50 - 55 not bad just noticeable, so when I got home I looked it on on here and that's when I realized I never got it into 6th, after driving a 5 speed for years I forgot I had one more, will check it out tomorrow. so other than the brake and no 6th it was a great ride, windshield will be her Monday.

You should be in 6th gear by 68mph

Spyder Garage

That reminds me of a story---
    Some guys were standing around a 50 gallon drum with a fire going in it

Says one guy "thermometer read 31 at my place

Other guy says " heh it was 28 over my way"

old Joe chimes in "thats nothing, I heard weatherman say it was 15 over at that windshield factor y"

Glad im heading south in a few weeks
    Whoo hoo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using Tapatalk

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Good to hear..!!

little things.. your having fun and it just gets better with each ryde...enjoy..!!
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lastchance View Post
    so other than the brake and no 6th it was a great ride, windshield will be her Monday.
    Don't forget the radio.
    Our Scenic Life - Spyder Videos
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/OurScenicLife

Ask me about my Spyder.
    2014 Black Can-Am Spyder RT

Spyder Garage

Default Newbie Mistakes

What radio he has a 2015 f3s

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Didn't know it came with a radio. O' well, enjoy the ride. Snow will be on the ground before we know it.

Spyder Garage

I will not be around for the snow
    Gone gone gone!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzel View Post
    You should be in 6th gear by 68mph
    May have shifted there if I remembered I had a 6th, now I let off then looked down and it was 75 so I assumed I got to 80, now if I remember right rev limiter is 8100 so may have to do more testing on that, although red line seems to be 7500, checked 6th today works fine, found belt alignment rubbing inside rear pulley bad so adjusted it, now waiting for tension gauge, on order, filled up with gas last night ( Shock) $18.50 my bike almost never went over $10.00 but the added mileage will be nice.