Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default More Spyder Wanna BEES

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you have any idea who is making that conversion kit?
    It looks as if they've kept their nosepiece low, so as not to completely block off the radiator.
    That looks a bit odd...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Do you have any idea who is making that conversion kit?
    It looks as if they've kept their nosepiece low, so as not to completely block off the radiator.
    That looks a bit odd...

Hannigan just announced they are making this to compete with the spyder.

Hannigan Motorsports recently unveiled the all-new Hannigan HRT Reverse Trike at the 2015 Wing Ding in Huntsville, Alabama. Unlike conventional trikes, this contemporary machine features two wheels in the front and only one in the rear. The Hannigan HRT is designed to provide an alternative to Gold Wing riders who may be contemplating a switch to the Can-Am Spyder. It will provide a more luxurious ride, with better handling and renowned Gold Wing reliability, at a price well below any reverse trike conversion currently on the market. And since it comes from Hannigan Motorsports, you know that the engineering is second to none.

The styling of the HRT compliments the lines of the GL1800 Gold Wing, resulting in a sleek package that will turn heads wherever the road may take you. Lighter and quicker handling than conventional trikes,this machine combines the unsurpassed comfort and smooth power of a Honda Gold Wing with sporty performance and handling. Rally-goers at the 2015 Wing Ding were among the first to see the amazing Hannigan HRT.

Hannigan Motorsports offers a more extensive range of trike models than any other manufacturer. Now,with the introduction of the HRT, Hannigan provides a greater diversity of options than ever before. Likeall of Hannigan’s world-class motorcycle products, the HRT is made in America. The Hannigan factory complex located at Murray, Kentucky features 50,000 square feet of showroom and manufacturing space. Tours of the Hannigan Motorsports factory are available by appointment during regular business hours. Hannigan trikes, sidecars, quads, and trailers are available through an extensive dealer network nationally and internationally.

The new Hannigan HRT can be pre-ordered now at authorized Hannigan Motorsports dealers or directly from the factory.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks!
    I knew that they had some "Quadded-up" GoldWings out there; it's good to see that they're finally going to get it right!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Cool Hannigan reverse trike

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Hannigan just announced they are making this to compete with the spyder.

Hannigan Motorsports recently unveiled the all-new Hannigan HRT Reverse Trike at the 2015 Wing Ding in Huntsville, Alabama. Unlike conventional trikes, this contemporary machine features two wheels in the front and only one in the rear. The Hannigan HRT is designed to provide an alternative to Gold Wing riders who may be contemplating a switch to the Can-Am Spyder. It will provide a more luxurious ride, with better handling and renowned Gold Wing reliability, at a price well below any reverse trike conversion currently on the market. And since it comes from Hannigan Motorsports, you know that the engineering is second to none.

The styling of the HRT compliments the lines of the GL1800 Gold Wing, resulting in a sleek package that will turn heads wherever the road may take you. Lighter and quicker handling than conventional trikes,this machine combines the unsurpassed comfort and smooth power of a Honda Gold Wing with sporty performance and handling. Rally-goers at the 2015 Wing Ding were among the first to see the amazing Hannigan HRT.

Hannigan Motorsports offers a more extensive range of trike models than any other manufacturer. Now,with the introduction of the HRT, Hannigan provides a greater diversity of options than ever before. Likeall of Hannigan’s world-class motorcycle products, the HRT is made in America. The Hannigan factory complex located at Murray, Kentucky features 50,000 square feet of showroom and manufacturing space. Tours of the Hannigan Motorsports factory are available by appointment during regular business hours. Hannigan trikes, sidecars, quads, and trailers are available through an extensive dealer network nationally and internationally.

The new Hannigan HRT can be pre-ordered now at authorized Hannigan Motorsports dealers or directly from the factory.
    IMO Unless they incorporate power steering into this it would be extreme armstrong for turning especially at low speed, that and all manual shifting, clutch and so forth would not be good for those of us with physical issues, that was the reason we went to the spyder in the first place. I would not give up my RT for one unless those improvements were made and then I would have to do some serious test riding of the GW.
    Greetings from Idaho

2014 RT-S,
    Barjaron swaybar, chome luggage rack, Ram Mount GPS, 12 volt dash outlet, spyderflap mudflap, Rivco flag mounts, drink2go and custom handlebar drink holders,Driver Backrest,Tri-Axis Handlebars, TRICLed turn signal lights. Custon Dynamic Magic Strobe Brake Modulator, Triple Dash Pouches, "Squared Away" Laser Alignment, Spyderpops Bumpskid, TricLed "Knightrider" LED

2014 RT , White (Mine) Cognac (wifes)

Spyder Garage

I'll bet when one combines the price of the GW with the conversion one is into very serious coin.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

So what is the warranty ? If you put that kit on a new Goldwing does the kit void Honda's warranty? I will be sticking to my new RT

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Very cool..!!

I don't know if it's because the it's such a recognizable motorcycle that makes it look like a motorcycle pushing a wheelbarrel or just that any conversion does.. no, pretty much every mod like this does. Not to say they are not well done or good looking but still thats what I see.
    Last edited by Chupaca; 09-23-2015 at 01:11 AM.
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

https://ido-endeavor.com/

Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member bronzeflex42's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default style

Reliability might be a little better, being that it is Honda, but the style DO NOT LOOK BETTER THAN THE SPYDER!!! JMO
    2012 Spyder RT Limited Lava Bronze (Psalm 27:1;Luke 12:4,5)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

for those that complain about the kenda tires, those bikes use car tires

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I'll bet when one combines the price of the GW with the conversion one is into very serious coin.
    I'll agree with that. I had a 2004 GL1800 that when combined with A Hannigan Sidecar at around $9,148 or $9,168 followed by EZ Steer and Traxxion Dynamics suspension got pretty expensive. After 3 weeks on the 2014 RTS, at considerably much money invested??? I'll take the RTS any day.

It does make me consider going to that Spyder rally in Murray next month, though, just to see it for myself.

-Bill
    2019 Black F3-T

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN View Post
    for those that complain about the kenda tires, those bikes use car tires
    I'll bet there's no VSS to keep you from rolling it in the turns like the Spyder. The RT has the right motor now with a 6 speed transmission and a geared reverse. That is lacking on the Wing and I had a chance to run one in Daytona on my RT and I was pulling him with every shift of the gears. The Spyder is purpose built, it never was a motorcycle converted to a three wheeler.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good point they have electric reverse

I had that on my triglide and it takes a lot out of your electric system..I always like mechanical reverse..

Spyder Garage

I do not like the looks of the Hannigan conversion. It seems a bit "odd" to me.

Also guessing that you can kiss the warranty goodbye as well as not getting service from the Honda dealer if needed.

The 1330 triple is not an 1800, but it has come a long way in powering up our beloved .

I am not going to bail.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Good point they have electric reverse

I had that on my triglide and it takes a lot out of your electric system..I always like mechanical reverse..
    More specifically, a Goldwing pulls itself backward using the starter motor

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MisterP View Post
    More specifically, a Goldwing pulls itself backward using the starter motor
    Yep same crap they had on the Harley but used a separate starter motor for reverse.