Spyder Garage

The bags fail for me

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Wow

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    Waiting....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I have more pics but the lighting wasn't that great so I'll see if I can get some better shots today.

F3 glove box with USB

The F3 sound system and I will say it rocks and every BRP person I talked to said it's much better than the RT sound system.

nice
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

That F3-T is bad ass. I will be getting one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Just checked into a hotel. I'm beat but I'll answer the rest of the questions when I get home tomorrow. 300 miles to go but need rest now.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    What's up with the gold accents on the RSS models. Oh, it just looks terrible! Disappointing release year for me. I'd like to buy a 2nd Spyder but the expansion of the F3 line is completely the wrong direction for my tastes and riding style.

Maybe I can work a sweet deal on a 2015 RSS?
    Yes Rob I could not agree with you more as I mentioned earlier in this thread BRP as the new three banger and all new bodywork for RSS but it looks like it's coming next year hang in there one more year will both buy that new one and look like i the future space bikers from Star Wars
    SNOWMOBILING ON PAVEMENT!!!

Spyder Garage

So lamont you are in deep with BRP! where is the new RSS with the three banger you have probably already seen it and ridden it so probably next year? And these prices are ridiculous I haven't even checked our Canadian prices I am very scared to see!😳
    SNOWMOBILING ON PAVEMENT!!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FIRECAT View Post
    And these prices are ridiculous I haven't even checked our Canadian prices I am very scared to see!😳

I agree about the price. I really like the F3 T except the very back of it. When I add a seat and 2 backrests and some lighting, GPS and a few other items I am almost at $32000.00 US. Looks like my ST Limited will be around for another year. We will see!

Spyder Garage

Default SPYDER '16 LINEUP

It is interesting that the ST and ST LTD have been discontinued. I guess if you want hard luggage for your new ST you would have to go to the F3-T. I will keep my '13 ST-S for a few more years. I have almost 24,000 miles on it in 2 1/2 yrs and it has been almost trouble free. I think the only way I would trade would be if they put the 1330 engine in the ST.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    I think the only way I would trade would be if they put the 1330 engine in the ST.
    That is what I thought we were going to get this year. I am disappointed with that but the F3 t is not bad looking either. I just do not know if I can sit in that position for 8 to 12 hrs. The passenger seat don't look that comfortable either, even with the coast to coast seat.

Spyder Garage

My problem with the F3 is the position of my feet. Even with the full rear position, I hate it. Have not tried one with floorboards yet. The handle bars will work. I like the looks. I want the engine. Trailer hitch now available. Some more creature comforts that I want are available.

Now if they come up with a UFIT that fits me. The ST is gone.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

The F3 foot position is tricky. I figured I needed #4 because my test drive with position 3 was less than Fun- But I bought it anyway!
    Now with the #4 foot position SM6 I can't slide my foot over to brake from the peg-I have to Rest my heel on the bar, Which I shouldn't have to do So I,m having them changed to Position#5 this week.
    Also with #4 I can upshift OK BUT to downshift I have to lift my foot up instead of just rotating upwards and Its Not Nearly as smooth as my RT sm5 footing wise.
    I'm confident the #5 will be Much Better even though I'm 6' I guess my legs are too long for Position#4?
    Anyone else find this to be a Problem????

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    The F3 foot position is tricky. I figured I needed #4 because my test drive with position 3 was less than Fun- But I bought it anyway!
    Now with the #4 foot position SM6 I can't slide my foot over to brake from the peg-I have to Rest my heel on the bar, Which I shouldn't have to do So I,m having them changed to Position#5 this week.
    Also with #4 I can upshift OK BUT to downshift I have to lift my foot up instead of just rotating upwards and Its Not Nearly as smooth as my RT sm5 footing wise.
    I'm confident the #5 will be Much Better even though I'm 6' I guess my legs are too long for Position#4?
    Anyone else find this to be a Problem????
    The shifter knob can be adjusted eight different ways. I can't use mine in "position 5" reliably unless I move the knob to the rear and down. It works great there. You have to remove the 5mm hex on the shifter to get the knob out. It is a press fit and very tight so I put a small wedge in the lever arm split to open it up a bit. If you try to remove/replace it without spreading the opening a bit you are in for a lot of work!

Spyder Garage

Would love to go trade in my 2014 RS-S for something with higher performance...but I guess we get to wait yet another year (and even then..who knows...). Disappointing.

Spyder Garage

Default New F3 T Limited

Wow, love the new F3 T Limited in red, but just got the F3S in late January so upgrading isn't really an option.

Lamont, will any of these new items be able to be added to the F3S? ???
    The color coded hard bag with integrated lights, the new dash with glove box, stereo system etc...

Thanks,
    DJ
    2015 F3S , Black & White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Retired 2012 View Post
    Wow, love the new F3 T Limited in red, but just got the F3S in late January so upgrading isn't really an option.

Lamont, will any of these new items be able to be added to the F3S? ???
    The color coded hard bag with integrated lights, the new dash with glove box, stereo system etc...

Thanks,
    DJ
    It all could be added I suppose but wouldn't be cost effective. At some point we'll be able to get a cost together by going through the replacement parts list. My guess is it won't be worth the cost or trouble.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydaman60 View Post
    lamont, did they change the shock for the f3t and limited to allow for trailering. if so, can the new shock and or spring be retrofitted to the 2015 f3? we still haven't found the answer to our bottoming out. our total weight is under 400#.
    They are now saying that the F3 is optimized for a single rider about 250 lb limit. Two up on occasionally and if the rider is heavier or rides two up all the time they should go with the F3-T.
    There is a shock upgrade for the current F3 that has more load capacity at a very reasonable price, around $250 I think they said.

Spyder Garage

Few more pics

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Did they make the front trunk bigger?
    Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bodymanpainter View Post
    Did they make the front trunk bigger?
    Toby
    No, the radiators are still in the same location.

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    No, the radiators are still in the same location.
    Thanks, I was hoping for a little more storage like on the RT. but the wife just told me
    I WAS NOT trading her RTS for it but I could trade my 2015 Victory Cross Country Tour for
    one if I wanted to, but unfortunately that's not going to happen now either. But I sure
    like the looks of the F3-T in red so I hope they will have them in Daytona for Biketoberfest
    so I can at least demo one.
    Toby
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Xyzzy View Post
    The shifter knob can be adjusted eight different ways. I can't use mine in "position 5" reliably unless I move the knob to the rear and down. It works great there. You have to remove the 5mm hex on the shifter to get the knob out. It is a press fit and very tight so I put a small wedge in the lever arm split to open it up a bit. If you try to remove/replace it without spreading the opening a bit you are in for a lot of work!
    I know I,m of topic BUT Thank You!! I had No idea you could move the knob- I obviously wasn't fitted to the bike? When they adjust to position #5 Rods I will have them move the Knob if needed! Thanks again!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default clarification re u-fit please

The F3-T looks really good tho like Canada I'm waiting, not hopefully, for the Oz price. And (I know I've mentioned this before) if Oz only brings the SE6 in the 'Limited' I know the price will be up near the RT! I do hope we get std F3-T in electronic shift.

A question if I may re u-fit.
    I know (from husband's F3) that I will need the short reach bars which are listed at about USD150 (so a lot more in Oz) - CAN I just order the F3-T with the short reach bars and not have the original ones at all?? ie if "u-fit" is meant to tailor the bike to me, why does it seem in reality to be "u-accessorise with bits we sell you" --- I'd much rather order the bar as part of the rrp of the bike than have it as an added cost accessory. Same goes for the link bits for the foot position. I hope I've got this wrong, so some clarification sought, please.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Try talking to your dealer about ordering the parts that you'll need to make the bike fit you, and have him take your OEM parts back, in an even swap.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black