Thread: Bumper Install?

Spyder Garage

Default Bumper Install?

Ordered spyderpops bumper plate today-what height ramps do I need to install them myself.....is it difficult ?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by View from behind View Post
    Ordered spyderpops bumper plate today-what height ramps do I need to install them myself.....is it difficult ?
    I drove mine up on a pair of car ramps. It is not difficult at all. Just follow the instructions. You will be be very happy with this product. I have 6000 on my Spyder and the bump skid has come into play at least 4 times. You will be glad you installed it. Will take about 30 to 60 minutes to install.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kngfsh27 View Post
    I drove mine up on a pair of car ramps. It is not difficult at all. Just follow the instructions. You will be be very happy with this product. I have 6000 on my Spyder and the bump skid has come into play at least 4 times. You will be glad you installed it. Will take about 30 to 60 minutes to install.
    Thanks for the info - will look into the car ramps🙋

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by View from behind View Post
    Not trying to be funny, but high enough you can slide underneath to operate a drill/driver on the bottom side. The most difficult part I encountered was drilling the back two holes into the frame. They wanted to be too close to the edge. Check out all the hole locations before you start drilling to make sure they are where the clips will hold properly.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kngfsh27 View Post
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

WasWinger is wight, for the 2 bolts at the back you have to be able to put some oomph behind your drill so you need to jack the Spyder up high enough to do that

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

I'm a big boy... installed mine a few weeks ago... bought small ramps from harbour freight. .. they do not need to be too steep
    Be safe.

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I would advise to pay close attention when drilling the 2 rear holes... they are VERY close to the radiator hoses... I used a piece of 1/2" PVC pipe just long enough to drill thru the bump skid and cross member but not allow the drill bit to touch the radiator hoses... (put the drill bit into the length of PVC)

osm

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Those two holes are the toughest part of the installation. But if you have enough room up under the bike; you'll have no problem.
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I, too, used a car ramp, but didn't have enuf room to drill the two holes in the back. I put a couple of 2x4 blocks on the ramps to give just a bit more clearance and it worked just fine. Just be sure to STOP before you drive off the ramps. There is no bumper feature on the ramps once you put the 2x4s on them!

Spyder Garage

Talking Good info

Thanks everyone I will pay close attention to the holes in the back -- such good info here