Spyder Garage

Default Extended Warranty

Good evening to all on the site! My name is Larry Gill. My wife and I live in East China Mi. I'm new to the site AND Spyders. We're purchasing a Spyder to replace my wife's Yamaha VStar 1100 Classic.
    We're going to purchase a 2014 RT-S. We're purchasing it near Chicago. It currently has a factory extended warranty good through 2017. The dealer talked us into another two year warranty which would take us through 2019. He says that the warranty is valid at any CanAm dealership nationwide. My question is, are his claims accurate? He also claimed that everything, with the exception of tires and maintainance items is covered. What I'm asking is if this "factory extended warranty" is actually a good deal and actually a factory warranty? Any help, comments or suggestions gratefully accepted.

Thank You,
    Larry in East China Mi.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by firea100 View Post
    Good evening to all on the site! My name is Larry Gill. My wife and I live in East China Mi. I'm new to the site AND Spyders. We're purchasing a Spyder to replace my wife's Yamaha VStar 1100 Classic.
    We're going to purchase a 2014 RT-S. We're purchasing it near Chicago. It currently has a factory extended warranty good through 2017. The dealer talked us into another two year warranty which would take us through 2019. He says that the warranty is valid at any CanAm dealership nationwide. My question is, are his claims accurate? He also claimed that everything, with the exception of tires and maintainance items is covered. What I'm asking is if this "factory extended warranty" is actually a good deal and actually a factory warranty? Any help, comments or suggestions gratefully accepted.

Thank You,
    Larry in East China Mi.
    I had my 2011 RS=S SE5 shifter go bad and it cost over $2,000 to fix, I'm glad I had my extended warranty.

Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If he sold you the BEST warranty you are good to go. That is the extended warranty offered by BRP and it is accepted at any Can-Am Spyder dealer. You have a $50 copay. After your purchase you will get a warranty card in the mail from BRP along with a letter that tells you how to use the service.

The Spyders are complicated machines with lots of computers and other things that can go wrong so an extended warranty is a pretty safe thing to purchase. If you don't use it and sell the Spyder before 2019 the warranty is transferable (at no charge) and is a good selling point.

Good Luck.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the club from another Michigan Spyder rider. I had the extended warranty on my 2012 RTL and I definitely got more money when I traded it in on my new 2015.

ToM
    Life is Great
    Be Safe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default not in oz

I read good things about the BEST warranty and we'd have it for sure, but in Australia we cannot have it ... real shame

Spyder Garage

The BRP BEST service contract is about the best you can do on the Spyders. It does not cover EVERYTHING but BRP is pretty good on dealing with it. It has no mileage limits either. As long as the current plan is valid, you can extend it out to 5 yrs. You can also buy the plan from ANY can am dealer. It pays to shop around.

Bert's Mega Mall is a site sponsor and many hear have gotten GREAT deals on extended warranty plans through them.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

jcthorne, That was very good information, about being able to purchase it later rather than now, since i have coverage until 2017 currently. I'm calling the dealer and asking if I can remove that from the contract. It raised the payment by $22.00 a month. Didn't want to upset the apple cart but I may find a better deal a little closer to home, price wise.
    Again, jcthorne, thank you for the information!

Larry in East China Mi.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Another thing you could do is contact Bert's, get a quote, and see how it compares with your dealer - maybe your dealer will match their price. I gave my dealer that option when I originally bought my Spyder - they declined, in fact wouldn't come close - but you never know without asking!
    2013 RT Limited , White (the fastest color!)

Spyder Garage

Default Get a quote from Berts or other dealers

When I was buying my , I got a quote from Berts and my dealer matched it. Saved me a couple hundred dollars.

Spyder Garage

Good evening to all on the site. I contacted the dealership in Illinois where we're purchasing the Spyder from. I asked to remove the added warranty from the deal. "No problem" he said. So now I have some time to compare prices. Thank You all for the information. I'll contact my local dealer and check his price and compare to the recommendations posted in this thread.

Thanks,
    Larry & Colleen Gill
    firea100 & mean colleen
    East China Mi.