Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandeejs View Post
    My Spyder is currently in the shop, been there for over a week. 6 days after it was towed in, I get a call to pay for a new motor for the windshield. I paid for it, even though I'm 90% sure it wasn't broke when it was towed in! What was broke was the little plastic piece that raises and lowers it. The motor failed, I'm guessing, when they tried to lower it without looking at the JERRY-RIGGED REPAIR THAT SECURED THE WINDSHIELD IN THE HIGHEST POSITION! Those zip strips were installed so I wouldn't miss out on an upcoming trip with the girl-posse. Had I been allowed to actually talk to the tech that would be working on the bike, that would not have happened. Had the guy writing up the repair listened carefully, it would not have happened.
    When they called about authorizing the purchase of the new motor, I asked if the clutch issue had been fixed. Answer: they hadn't looked at that yet. I'm guessing after the motor for the w.s. comes in and is installed, then they'll look at the problem keeping the tryke from moving. Although installing a new motor is not going to fix the windshield, that broken cog-thingy needs replacing. I need to stop buy and let them know that.......
    I travel 40 miles to get to this dealership. I'm gonna check out a nearer one, ask if I'll actually be allowed to talk to the tech when I bring my ryde in. It's prolly not a win-win thing. This place only seem to have one Spyder tech on staff.
    It's just frustrating to me. I don't thing it's just a BRP problem. Many mechanic types don't think women have any sense about their motorcycles. I don't think it's a BRP thing that the tech doesn't talk to the owner. If the tech is busy trying to fix bykes, talking to every customer sets them back.

Frustrated in Mich,
    ~Sandee~
    If I remember correctly the broken piece is not sold seperately,you have to buy the whole unit thus the new motor which includes the actuating arms, purchase. However they should have taken the time to explain to you why a whole new motor unit was necessary. The fact that they have not even looked at the clutch while waiting for the motor bespeaks of great inefficiency in that shop as well as a lack of consideration for their customers.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default My Bad!

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    If I remember correctly the broken piece is not sold separately,you have to buy the whole unit thus the new motor which includes the actuating arms, purchase. However they should have taken the time to explain to you why a whole new motor unit was necessary. The fact that they have not even looked at the clutch while waiting for the motor bespeaks of great inefficiency in that shop as well as a lack of consideration for their customers.

Thank you. I just re-read the sticky at the the head of the forums, and was looking for this thread to issue a retraction.
    It would have been more efficient to have me authorize the $$$ when I dropped the bike off. As for them explaining, I think the tech tells the desk guys to make the calls.
    Hopefully I'll ryde again this summer.

~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandeejs View Post
    ... I think the tech tells the desk guys to make the calls.
    Typically the service writer or service manager is the link between the tech and the customer. Most techs are paid for their time actually working on a repair order. Any time away from that cuts into their paycheck.

Spyder Garage

Not to defend the tech, service writer or be against the female thing, however it is possible the tech saw the windscreen repair and opted not to risk liability if it failed when he did his first test ride.

All the best in resolving the problems.

PK