Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Default ufit

hey Spyder folks page 55 of 2015 RIDING GEAR ACCESSORIES GENUINE PARTS
    catalog has the facts and prices on the Handlebars & linkages and anything other than the stock pegs and bars comes with a added cost as they say the devil is in
    the details. Hats off to the Dealers that are incluiding the ufit in with the deal
    these parts are pretty inexpensive 29.99 for the F3s brake rod and 49.99 for the shifter rod are any of the dealers throwing in different Handelbars that is part of the ufit system ?
    just the facts man just the facts

ric

Spyder Garage

As I said, during the CanAm demo rides, they tell you the initial fit is included in the price of the bike. The rods in the catalog are for second owners or refits for different riders.

Any dealer charging extra for the initial fit is just tying one more new way of getting in the pocket of the uninformed buyer.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dgbollinger View Post
    They didn't show me the fit system until the bike was already loaded on the trailer but at the time I thought the bike felt pretty comfortable. But now I realize that my legs are too close. 6'0" calls for position 4 and 6'1" calls for position 5. I am exactly 6'0" so I'm wondering if I may be even more comfortable with position 5

I'm 6-1, used to be 6-2. Went to position 5 and honestly could still be an inch further forward, but much more comfortable than original position. I asked by dealer about the "u-fit" system that supposedly every dealer has. I was told, "Yeh, we have one around here somewhere". WTH?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Perfect!

They didn't show me the fit system until the bike was already loaded on the trailer but at the time I thought the bike felt pretty comfortable. But now I realize that my legs are too close. 6'0" calls for position 4 and 6'1" calls for position 5. I am exactly 6'0" so I'm wondering if I may be even more comfortable with position 5
    I'm 6'2" and position 5 is perfect for me....I have the driver floorboards with the Manual transmission as well. Sadly, I had to purchase the extensions but heck, they aren't expensive.

Spyder Garage

I'm 6' with a 32" inseam. Position 5 is great. I have the "attitude" bars. They really make a huge difference. Your wrists are turned out more. Very comfortable. Very easy to install. I paid for my fitting parts. (If anyone needs stock bars and linkages for cheap let me know!)

Spyder Garage

Default POWERSPORTS

MY DEALER DIDN'T ONLY 'FIT ME' WITH THE PROPER LENGTH BRAKE ROD, BUT THEY ALSO LET ME KEEP THE ROD THAT FITS AT THE MIDDLE POSITION...
    I TOO AM 6 FEET TALL, AND THE MOST FORWARD POSITION FITS ME VERY WELL....

DAN P
    EASLEY, SC
    SPYD3R F3-S
    Attached Images Attached Images

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yes. Started with position 5 and I am just on the south side of 6'.

Spyder Garage

My dealer ordered the "5" brake rod for me so I could ride their demo. I'm hoping when I buy mine they will move it over to the new one and not charge me. We'll see.

Spyder Garage

Hi.

I'm 6' 2" tall and have the pegs set at position 5 but find the standard handlebars a little uncomfortable when 2 up. I've looked at the Can Am website and for this position it suggests either bars C or D.

Does anyone have these bars and what is the difference?

Thanks

Ant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cribby View Post
    Hi.

I'm 6' 2" tall and have the pegs set at position 5 but find the standard handlebars a little uncomfortable when 2 up. I've looked at the Can Am website and for this position it suggests either bars C or D.

Does anyone have these bars and what is the difference?
    You probably want the "long reach" or "attitude" bars. I have the "attitude" bars and they make a huge difference. The "attitude" bars position your wrists at a more comfortable angle, too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I'm 5' 6.5" and I have the attitude bars. I find the angle better on my wrists/arms than the stock bars.
    We now have His and Hers Spyders!
    Current Spyder: White 2015 F3-S SE6
    His Spyder: White 2015 F3 SE6

Previous Spyder: 2012 RT Limited SE5 -- 30,300 miles
    Previous rides: Kawasaki & Honda
    2015 F3 , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBwell View Post
    My dealer ordered the "5" brake rod for me so I could ride their demo. I'm hoping when I buy mine they will move it over to the new one and not charge me. We'll see.
    After a week I finally gave up on my dealer ever getting the longer rod so I called around and found a dealer with all sizes in stock and every color of F3-S on the floor. They installed the rod so I could test ride it but did charge me for it when I bought the the trike. After waiting a week I didn't care, I just wanted to ride.