Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default We are out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper35 View Post
    Ok, I hate to use the term handicapped but my intent is to have anybody with a mobility impairment read this thread. This bike has been an absolute dream come true for me, and many of the mods I used to make my bike "accessible" came from this site. My hope is that this thread will be an easy way for people with disabilities to link-up with disabled Spyder riders and know that there are many of us who have found a way to ride again.

Handbrakes, footboards, wheelchair racks and rerouted filler caps....it has all been done and many kind individuals on this site are more than happy to help out a potential Spyder rider. So, if you are a disabled rider and would like to weigh-in on the topic I know it would be greatly appreciated.
    Make it great.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hubby took our niece and granddaughter on a short 10 mph ride. Granddaughter is almost 6, has cochlear implants and at least with that slow ride had no problems. She kept
    saying me and Katie taking a ride!!!!

Spyder Garage

Default All the joys

I was sitting watching TV one night, life seemed good MY health seemed good, I had been a truck driver for many years and had been to every state in the US and most of Canada. Just missed the 2 million miles mark. That night suddenly I was unable to breath. I went into a coma for 4 weeks when I came out of it they told me I had a disease called Alpha-1 deficiency, COPD and emphysema. My biggest fear was could I ride again I couldn't keep enough oxygen tanks on a 2 wheeler. That's when I saw the spyder and with the frunk I could carry all I needed. But as a lot of us know I get the looks and comments because I park in handicap. Hey learn to look at the plate. Lamont thank you for your service to all of us.. You're a great man. God bless

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SPYDER RIDING

Quote Originally Posted by Jpquinn View Post
    I was sitting watching TV one night, life seemed good MY health seemed good, I had been a truck driver for many years and had been to every state in the US and most of Canada. Just missed the 2 million miles mark. That night suddenly I was unable to breath. I went into a coma for 4 weeks when I came out of it they told me I had a disease called Alpha-1 deficiency, COPD and emphysema. My biggest fear was could I ride again I couldn't keep enough oxygen tanks on a 2 wheeler. That's when I saw the spyder and with the frunk I could carry all I needed. But as a lot of us know I get the looks and comments because I park in handicap. Hey learn to look at the plate. Lamont thank you for your service to all of us.. You're a great man. God bless
    in case I didn't say it earlier ........Ride safe ride happy ,.......Mike