Spyder Garage

Default Hooking up 2010 brp trailer to 2014 rts

Just purchased a 2010 brp trailer that has a 9 pin round connector. Does anyone know if there is a stock hitch and control module for my 2014 rts available, if so might you know a part number? Or am I going to have to have the dealer make something up?

Any help appreciated
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Spyder Garage

The dealer can order the module and harness to convert the trailer to a 4 pin. I converted my 2010 trailer over this summer. The harness consist of the plug and play module that attaches to the spyder wiring harness and a pigtail that is run out with a 4 pin square plug connector. The trailer wire plug that runs through the tongue to a connector underneath the front of the trailer is changed out as well. This is a separate part number. I do not have the part numbers but I think you can find them in the 2015 accessory catalog.
    Some folks cut and splice the wiring and tie in 4 prong flat connectors and I am sure that works. I wanted to keep the RT stock as I could so I opted for spending the money on the factory wiring and module.
    Happy Spyderlovers

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    Just purchased a 2010 brp trailer that has a 9 pin round connector. Does anyone know if there is a stock hitch and control module for my 2014 rts available, if so might you know a part number? Or am I going to have to have the dealer make something up?

Any help appreciated
    Hi I just hooked a 2010 can-am trailer to a 2015 RTS, throw away the module that comes with the tow hitch kit and wire directly to the rear light harness which is under the left hand side of the seat, 2 screws allows you to lift the cover off and access the harness.
    cheers Brian